Episode 12- Under the Knife.

Emily's pov:

I got to work and Shay came back. I looked at Otis and he nodded. We got out a present. "Just a little something from us." Otis said. "And never leave me to deal with him again." I said, gesturing at Kelly. She laughed and I hugged her.

I walked back to Otis and he put his arm around me. "Added protection." He said as she put the helmet of her head. We all laughed.

I poured myself a coffee, sat down on the Couch then the alarm went. "Ughh." I said. Otis laughed then gave me his hand. "Come on." He said. I took it and he helped me up.

We got to the truck when Casey yelled out. "Casey, Where's Cruz?" He asked. "Not a clue." I said. "Otis, your driving." Casey said. Otis smiled at me then got in the truck.

We got on scene. It was an abandoned truck. "Oh my god that smells horrible." I said. "Everyone quiet!!" Casey yelled.

Someone was inside. They got the door open and it stank even more. There were dead bodies inside. "Oh my god." I said. I turned around and walked away. "You OK?" Otis walked after me. "There kids!" I said. He hugged me.

-

We got the survivor out. We got back to the firehouse and I sat on the couch. Otis pulled a chair behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"No one's heard from Cruz still?" Casey looked at me. I got my phone out. "Hey, babe. Where are you?" I asked. "Home. Taking a sick day." He said bluntly. "Where were you last night.'' He said more then asked.

I looked at Casey. "I stayed at Casey's last night. He needed me and it was late so I slept on the couch." I said. Casey winked. I looked over at Otis for a split second.

"Uh-huh." He said. "You want proof? Fine." I said. I put him on loud speaker. "Casey, was I at yours last night?" I asked him. "Yeah, you were helping me bake cookies." Casey said. I smiled at him.

"Alright fine. Bye." Cruz said then hung up. "So where were you last night?" Mouch asked. "Baking cookies." I said. "With?" Herrmann asked. "Otis..." I said.

"So why didn't you tell Cruz?" Casey asked. "Because he's her ex. And she slept with him." Mouch said. "We did not sleep together!" I said. "I slept on the couch and she slept in my bed." Otis said. I smiled at him. "Oki, maybe I slept with her. But we were drunk." Otis said. Everyone looked at us and I walked away.

Kelly then walked up to me. "There eager to put me under the knife. Off duty until the results come in." He said. "Kelly-" I went to go after him but he walked out. I sighed and sat back down.

"Anyone else wanna yell at me or be mad at me for no reason?" I asked, standing up. Otis hugged me.

-

We came back from a call and Otis pushed me. "Heyyy!" I said and laughed. I pushed him. "Hey, just because I pushed you doesn't mean you can push me!" He said. We both laughed, but I stopped when I saw Joe.

"Cruz." I said. "Thought you were out for the shift." Casey said. Joe looked at me. "Well yeah, I resolved some things a little bit early." Cruz said. "Okay if I jump in?" He asked. "Suit up." Casey said. Cruz then walked away.

"Who did you tell?" Otis asked. "No one. Just-" I stopped. "Leon." I said. I then ran after Cruz. "Hey, Joe." I said When we got to the lockers. I went to grab his hand but it had a bandage on it. "What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said. "Babe, come on. We agreed no secrets or-" He cut me off. "Lying. Yeah. I think you've already broke that one." He said. He looked at me. "Leon told me." He said.

"Just let me explain." I said. He sighed and sat down. "You slept with him, Emily. There is nothing to explain. You slept with him." Cruz said.

"We were drunk. She woke up this moring and started balling her eyes out and said she never wanted to hurt you." Otis said. Cruz looked at me.

"Joe, I am so so sorry. Honestly, if I could turn back time I would. I regret ever cheating on you. And I understand if you want to break up with me." I said. "And leave you to go date this dork? Never." He said then kissed me. "But never, ever, go over his house again." Cruz said. I nodded and kissed. Him.

The alarm went and we all got in the truck. Otis wouldn't stop looking at me. We got on scene.

An aircraft crash landed on the road. "Holy-" I stopped myself. I went around helping people.

-

We got everyone sorted then got back to 51. I walked outside and watched Casey and Otis try and push the limo.

"Herrmann, do you have the parking break on?" Casey asked. I laughed. I walked as they pushed the car. "Someone's strong." I said, looking at Casey. "You too, Otis." I said. He laughed. "Ha! I'm stronger then you!" Casey said then hugged me. I laughed.

We then starred to walk back. Joe walked over to my brother. "Hey, I'll see you inside in a min." Joe said then kissed me.

We walked inside but found a note. "Oh, it's from the flowers. There for Dawson and Mills." Otis said. He took the note and we walked to Dawson and Mills.

We gave them the note and Dawson walked away. I looked at Otis weirdly. "Fix things with you and Cruz?" Mills asked. "Yeah." I said. He smiled. I then walked to the beds and laid down. I closed my eyes.

I soon got woken up by Cruz. "Hey Beutiful." He said. I blushed. "Everyone needs to be in the briefing room." He said. We both then walked there. I sat next to Cruz and held his hand.

We had a talk about Kelly. I don't even know if he likes me anymore, but I'll always be there for him.

When it was over I followed Cruz to the beds. "Hey." I said When I sat next to him. "Hey." He said with a smile. "I love you." I said. He smiled. "I love you to." He said.

The alarm then went.

-

We got on scene. A coach was having pains. I stood next to Cruz. "Hey, Em." Otis said but I looked at him with sad eyes. "Really?" Otis said quietly. "Boys. Outside. Now." I said.

I took them both outside after Casey gave me the nod of approval. "Your gonna make her stop talking to me because your insecure?" Otis asked. "No. I'm making her stop talking to you because your trying to steal her from me!" Cruz said.

"You knew damn well that she was going to sleep over yours that night!" Joe said. "Cruz, stop." I said. "I need to stop? He needs to stop coming after my girl!" He said to me.

"I'm only coming after your girl because you don't treat her right! You abandoned her for the whole night. No wonder she tried to seek comfort from me! You didn't give her any!" Otis yelled. "Boys!" I yelled. They didn't even look at me.

"That's not true!" Joe yelled. "We are in a happy healthy relationship! Better then yours!" Joe yelled. "Cruz! Otis! Get in here!" Casey said. "I've called a cab. Should be here in 5." Casey said.

"Who's the driver?" I asked. "Toni." He said. "I'll start walking. I can't deal with them." I said. "I'll call him, tell him to keep an eye out." Casey said. "Thanks bro." I said then started walking.

Not long after, a car pulled up beside me. It was Antonio. "Hey, Toni." I said as I got in the car. "Fire house or your house?" He asked. "Fire house." I said. He nodded. I then told him everything that happened.

"Any advice?" I said before I got out the car. "Yeah. Have another night with Joe. See what happens." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheek then left.

-

We were doing fire drills when Herrmann started to hit the Limo. "Herrmann!" Chrief yelled. "First time I have sex in six months, Cindy's pregnant again." He said.

"What's that, like 4?" Otis asked. "Five." I said quietly. "Carry on." Chief said. Everyone laughed a little as he beat the shit out of the car.

-

I went back to Cruz's house. I got a bottle of wine and startled drink from it. We then had a really fun night.