Episode 8-Leaving the station.

Emily's pov:

I woke up, got changed and walked into the kitchen. Joe was in there making coffee. "What are we?" I asked him. He looked down. "I need time." He said. He went to walk out but I stopped him.

"I just want to let you know I'm staying with Otis for a while. I don't want us to go through what him and I did. I actually want this relationship-" I stopped and sighed. "Or whatever this is to last." I said. "Are you OK with that?" I asked.

"Unbelievable." He said as he walked Into his bedroom. "No, it's not." I said walking out with him. "Because I told you I was staying with him. I don't want to keep secrets or lie to you, Joe." I said. He put his coffee down.

"If your not OK with me staying there, then I'll find someone else to stay with." I said. I took his hands. "I will give you as much space and time as you need if it means we can be together." I said. I kissed his cheek then walked out rhe house and went to work.

-

I got there went to Chief office. I spent alot of time in there. He introduced me to two new guys and then the alarm went off. I got in truck.

"You coming over tonight?" Otis asked me. I looked at Joe in the mirror as he was driving and he looked at me. "I don't know yet." I said. Otis nodded.

We got to the scene and I walked with Mills to find the girl in the tunnel. All of a sudden he went quiet. "Mills, you found her?" I asked. I walked over and he was staring at a girl ripped into pieces. "Hey, look at me." I said but he didn't. My brother then came. I walked away so he could talk to Mills.

Otis walked up to me. "You OK?" He asked. "Not my first. My first was at 13." I said. He nodded and hugged me anyway. Joe looked at me a half smiled.

-

We got back to the firehouse and I sat on the table. Casey and I put stuff on Otis' head while he was sleeping. Chief then came in and banged on a paper on the bored hung up on the wall.

"Department Councillor." He said. I shook me head then he said the rest, mainly at Mills.

-

Some time went by. I wanted to get some air so i walked out back. I saw Mills. "Hey, Hey its OK." I said. He was crying. He hugged me, his head on my shoulder. 

The alarm then went. He went to go but I stopped him. "No." I showed him a text from Chief. 'You and Mills stay. We've got this one.'  Mills nodded and hugged me again.

I took his hand a took him Into Chief's office. "He's like my dad so he keeps these in here for me." I said, handing him chocolate and tissues.

He soon cheered up. We were smiling together. "Oh, please don't mention this to anyone." He said. I smiled. "Of corse." I said.

-

The others came back shortly after. Mills went into Chief's office with him and I saw Otis. "You holding up?" He asked me. I nodded. I then got a call.

I walked into the beds, and answered it. "Hey, Leon." I said. "Hey baby." He said. I sighed. "Leon, I loved you 5 years ago, but those feelings are gone now. I love someone else." I said.

"Who? I'll kill them! I love you! I will ways love you!" Leon said. "Your brother, Leon. I love your brother!" I said. He then hung up. I sighed. I did love Joe.

I walked back to the kitchen. "Where Joe?" I asked. "Beds." Otis said. I then ran back to the beds. "Joe-" He cut me off. "No. Em, I'm sorry. I should never have said you were still in love with Leon." He said.