Episode 7- two families.

Emily's pov:
  We were at a daycare and preschool. We walked out and all the kids clapped for us. I walked over to Joe.

"There adorable." I said. He smiled. "Just like you." He said then kissed my cheek. I blushed. Then Chief yelled something. "Everyone stop. We're going back in." He said. I looked at Joe and he nodded.

We went back inside. We kicked open a door and Casey asked him if he was down here. "You guys smell anything? Are we sure they cut off the gas lines?" Herrmann asked.

"I shut it down myself." Casey said. "Smells like chemicals. Crystal Meth!" I yelled. "Masks on!" Casey yelled. Everyone put there mask on.

"Really, Leonard, with the kids up there?" Herrmann asked. We got him out and Cheif started tk talk to his as we got everything in the truck.

"Everyone on scene will have a baseline drug test. Today." He said. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

We got back to the firehouse and I sat on the couch. There was a march on the TV but I was reading so I didn't care. Then Otis said something that actually interested me.

"Now, listen, I know you guys are gonna give me crap for this." Otis said. "I wanna start a podcast." He said. I dropped my book. "No way! Me too! We can do it together!" I said. His face lit up.

"Babe, is that a good idea, considering a couple days ago?" Joe asked. "Yeah! It will be fun!" I said. Joe nodded and I walked over to Otis. "What the hell's that?" Herrmann asked. "Well, when we record ourselves being equal parts charming and brilliant, and then we put it on ITunes, and people subscribe, and they follow us." Otis said.

"A mute would be better at that then him." Herrmann said. Everyone laughed. "Why do you think she's helping me?" Otis said, pointing to me. I smiled.

"It's gonna be a 'day int the life of a Chicago firefighter' sort of thing." Otis said. "We have a slow day, and youe just gonna reinforce the stereotype that all we do is sit around and eat." Mouch said.

"You got a problem with it, Casey?" I asked him. "Go for it." He said. "Drug testers on his way. And again, this is mandatory." Chief said then walked away.

Chief then brought in a kid named Ernie. I was going to say hi, but the alarm went.

I got in the truck and looked down. "You OK?" Otis asked me. "Yeah, yeah just the kid reminds me of my old best friend, Luke." I said. He hugged me. "What happened to him?" Otis asked. "He died in a fire. She watched them put the fire out. Thats what made her become a firefighter." Casey said. Otis hugged me again.

"It will be ok. He's been gone for a long time." I said. We then arrived at the scene. Gunshot wounds. We got out then we heard gunshots. "Emily!" Joe ran over and grabbed me. He took me behind the truck. He hugged me. "Are you OK?" He asked. I nodded.

Joe then started yelling in Spanish. I was terrified but also calm because of him. "Cruz move the truck forward so we can use it as a barrier." Casey said.

"Matt." I said. He came over. I started to get spots on my hand. That normally means something bad has happened to someone I know. Joe moved the truck.

A guy then came over and said there was another kid. Joe, Otis and I went with Dawson. As soon as we turned the corner Joe and I said rhe same thing. "Leon?" We asked at the same time. "What the hell are you doing here, Leon?" Joe asked. But Leon kept looking at me. And I kept looking at him.

I then couldn't hear anything, I was just looking a Leon. Then I saw Joe pick him up. He took him into the van. "Cruz?" Casey asked. "That's my brother." Joe said. I got in the back with Joe  and looked at Leon.