Episode 24- A hell of a ride.

Emily's pov:
I was at the firehouse. 9 months pregnant and due in 2 weeks. And I was alone. It felt like hours that I was waiting. Then I got a call.

It was Dawson. "Hey, everything OK?" I asked. "Cindy went into labour. Antonio is on his way now to pick you up." She then hung up. I heard a beep and I ran outside and got in the car.

"You in and unmarked?" I asked. "Does this look like my car?" He asked, turning on his lights and getting to the hospital. When I got there, the others were already in the waiting room.

"How is she? How is the baby?" I asked. Otis walked over to me. Herrmann then cane around the corner holding the baby. "Awhhh." I said.

-

After the hospital I went with Otis to Molly's but we heard construction so we went to see it. It was a sports bar. "You have got to be kidding me." Otis said. "Hey. Don't worry. We're going to get through this. It's just a little hiccup." I said. I held his hand and put my head on his shoulder as we walked into Molly's.

"I sure hope your right." He said. I smiled and kissed him. "I'm always right." I said. He laughed and kissed the top of my head.

--

I was at the firehouse when my water broke. They got me to the hospital as soon as they could. But not soon enough. "Shay, we're not gonna make it to the hospital! Pull over!" Dawson yelled. Otis was next to me.

"Emily, your going to have to push for me." Dawson said. And I did. I kept pushing. "One more. You got this." She said. I pushed again and then I heard crying. "Oh, my god." I heard Otis say. "Hey, he's fine." Dawson said. I smiled.

-

We got to the hospital and they did what they needed to do. "The quickest DNA test takes 10 minutes. When do you want it done?" The doctor asked. "Now." I said. They nodded.

Ten minutes later, they came back. "You want to know who the father is?" He asked. "Please." I said. "Brian Zvonecek?" The doctor asked. I saw relief in his eyes. I looked at Cruz and he walked out. "Hey, Cruz." Otis said. "No, it's fine. Honestly." Cruz said with a genuine smile.

I smiled back and Otis took the baby. "What's his name?" The doctor asked. "I was thinking-" I cut Otis off. "I saw." I said. "His name Is Daniel." I said. Otis smiled even bigger.

He passed him to me. "Hey little Danny." I said. He smiled at me. Casey then cane in. "Meet your Nephew. Daniel Gregory Casey." I said. Matt looked up at me.

"Gregory?" He asked, tear in his eye. I smiled and nodded. "Dad's name." I said. He smiled. "You wanna hold him?" I asked. He nodded. "Hi, Daniel." Matt said. I smiled. I looked at Otis and he was smiling to. Today is the best day of my life.