Her Friend

Ida went completely quiet, staring at the ceiling. She suddenly turned over on her side to face the wall. "None of your business." She quietly hissed.

Dipper raised an eyebrow, "Alright?" He hummed, leaning back on the wall. He put the journal away, "But maybe if you told me about it, you'd feel better?" He suggested, trying to be gentle.

She stayed silent for a moment. "Promise to not tell anyone?" She whisper-asked, turning back to Dipper, laying on her side. He nodded. "Promise." He assured her.

Ida looked nervous, like she was about to say something that would end poorly. "He was my friend." She said quickly. "Your friend?" Another voice said in shock. The two turned around.

Ford was standing at the doorway, the light from the desk light making his glasses glare and shield his eyes. He looked menacing, more frightening than usual. Ida audibly whimpered, sitting up and reaching into her pocket, then remembered she had been disarmed. She had a knife, but Ford didn't trust her to have it.

She suddenly cleared her throat. "Yea! He was my friend!" She said defensively. "The only person who actually cared about me!" She added, crossing her arms and glaring at Ford. "Now leave me alone, Sixer!" She finished, glaring at him in anger.

The man paused for a moment, a look of puzzlement on his face. "How really do you know that name?" He asked. Ida smiled, laughing under her breath. "I know lots of things, Sixer." She said, her voice haunting. Ford tried backing up a bit nervously.

She really did remind them of Bill.

"What do you want!?" Ford demanded, carefully coming over, grabbing Dipper's arm, and pulling him back a bit. She pointed to a table with computers on it, where Ford had put her knife and a brown rabbit plushie she had with her. "I'm not giving you that knife." He said firmly.

Ida rolled her eyes. "I want my rabbit." She growled, getting annoyed.

"The stuffed animal?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. She nodded.

"Now." She hissed, then cleared her throat. "Please." She added politely.

Ford quickly grabbed the plush and put his six-fingered hand on a small device on the wall where the glass was. It scanned his hand and opened the door a bit. He watched her carefully to make sure she didn't escape. Ida didn't seem to want to escape.

She just wanted the rabbit.

He carefully handed her the plushie, which she quickly snatched, holding it close to her, then retreated to the corner. He recoiled his hand and quickly shut the door. She didn't seem to mind though. She hugged onto the rabbit, her breathing steadying to a normal pace. Ford sighed nervously and backed up.

"Why are you keeping me here?" Ida suddenly asked, still looking down. "What?" He asked, a bit confused.

"Why are you keeping me here? I didn't do anything wrong."

"We don't know what you are," Ford said, clearing his throat and speaking in a formal tone.

Ida rolled her eyes, "I thought it was obvious, or at least Pine Tree here would get it." She sighed, shrugging.

"What does she mean?" Ford asked, looking at Dipper. "Uh- Well-" She cut him off.

"I'm a Judge, smarty-pants." She laughed.