Flintgold's Meal

Of course, just when Elizabetta believed that she might finally get her happy ending, this happened. Honestly, she thought she might've jinxed herself by thinking that.

She and Bill had been holding onto each other, laying in bed. Just like they should've for all those years. After talking about things that had happened in the prior years and the fire, Bill had fallen asleep first. He rested his head, not on his pillow, but on Elizabetta's shoulder. Yes, it was uncomfortable, but she wasn't about to wake him up.

She found it much harder to sleep, with her mind racing with thoughts. What it's and how's floated about her mind, making her restless.

Still, looking at Bill's face - seeing the face she'd dreamed of for years - nothing could make her afraid. He was just as wonderful and breathtaking as it had always been - as perfect as the day she proposed to him-, even with the scars across his face. They were a bit red, so he'd probably been slashed with something burning during the fire.

Still, she adored that face more than anything. He could love her still, with the large burn that spread across the left side of her face. She'd be evil if she didn't do the same - not that she ever would stop loving him.

Still, there was one thing nagging at her mind. Flintgold.

Bill had told her about the curse when they were young. He trusted her with anything. He told her about how Flintgold fed off of fear and could take control of him when he was emotionally vulnerable.

The first time she'd seen it was when her stepson - Bill's own first son - had died. He pleaded with her to lock him in the storage room. Initially, she had refused, mortified by the idea. But, when she saw how desperate Bill was to not let Flintgold hurt her and their son, Zace (who had only been three), she obliged.

When it was finally over, and Elizabetta went into the basement, Bill had tucked himself into a corner. Cracks had formed all over the walls and floor, and burn marks were everywhere.

She assumed that was when she'd been so harsh on Zace. Knowing he'd have to bear the curse one day terrified her. She wanted him to be strong, but her tough-love approach had certainly been more "tough" than "love."

Bill had always been one to manage his emotions. Flintgold hadn't gotten the best of him, not for years.

Then, the fire had come. Elizabetta had no idea what could've set him off like that. For all she knew, he had just finished up work and should've been heading home.

Suddenly, flames engulfed the garden and spread to the house. Then, the block. Then, the entire Dream Dimension.

Teal fire.

Many Dream Demons had pyrokinesis, but all their flames were different colors. No flames looked the same. And those flames - those bright teal, blazing flames - were Bill's.

Then there was the thing he called "Weirdmageddon." As Bill had described that one Flintgold's control, but Bill's anger. He had tried stopping Flintgold, only when he'd started hurting people - or Innocents, as he called them. "I tried and I failed. Inside, I'm not really sure I completely wanted him to." That was what he'd told her.

So, was it really any wonder that Elizabetta was worried that, in a time like this, Bill could lose control? Eventually, she quieted her mind and fell asleep.

A few hours later, a strong gust of wind threw her off the bed. Startled, she jolted awake and stood. Bill was clawing at the sides of the bed, almost like he was trying to desperately hold onto it.

At first, Elizabetta thought he was having a nightmare. It wasn't uncommon for their powers to be a bit wild when they happened. It was when Bill suddenly stopped moving, and his eye opened.

Black, like it was nothing but an abyss.

Elizabetta's own eye widened in horror as she stepped back. She then reminded herself that she had powers - specifically, creating chains out of her magic. If she could overpower Flintgold, she could trap him. That would give her enough time to get into his mindscape and-

Before she could even react, Bill- well, Flintgold rose up, smiling at her. "Ah, it's been so many years, Lizzy." He said the nickname with a bit of distaste. "Unfortunately, I have no use for you." With that, Flintgold lifted his hand. The mansion shook and the floorboards under Elizabetta's feet shuddered.

In an instant, the board dropped and she fell. By the Axolotl, she really wished she had flight powers. She landed on the next floor, being dropped into the darkness. The lights suddenly flickered on, with a dim gold color. Flintgold's laugh rang through the halls. William and Ben both stumbled out of their rooms, with messy hair and panicked eyes. Elizabetta got to her feet, rushing to her sons.

"You two, find get Zace and Ida and get outside. Now." She said shortly. Ben nodded slightly. William opened his mouth to protest, but the older brother grabbed his wrist and ran to the lower floor.

Ben had a habit of biting himself when he was nervous. His left index finger was getting bitten right now. A lot.

"Wait outside for me." Ben ordered. William hesitated, tears starting to sparkle in his eyes. "Go!" William. bolted off. Ben flung open Zace's door, but his brother wasn't there. He noticed a note on the front of the door. "If I'm gone, I'm drinking hot chocolate in the kitchen."

Of course he was.

Ben ran to the kitchen, the opposite of where William had run. There Zace and Ida were, looking as panicked as he was. "Mom said to get outside!" He yelled to them. Zace nodded. Ida just stared blankly at Ben. Ida blinked a few times, probably telling herself to not go into shock.

The two ran over and the trio rushed outside. Just in time, too, as the kitchen ceiling collapsed. Elizabetta had summoned a spear and was fending off Flintgold.

Soon, all the kids were standing outside the mansion. The sky was starting to churn, clouds swirling with a deep red color. Zace would've found it pretty, red being his favorite color, if he wasn't so horrified.

Ida turned to the brothers. "We need to get help!" Her voice was muffled by the winds picking up.

"Yea, no sh!t! LOOK AT THE SKY!" Ben yelled, pointing at the orb-like cloud forming. He looked over to William. "Do not repeat what I just said!" William nodded promptly.

"I can run and get the Pines! They might be able to help!" The brothers nodded with no protests as to how some humans would be able to help. Ida combined with a demon storm was convincing that way.

The fighting of the winds was useless against Ida changing her density. Being a ghost had its perks. She easily made her way to the Mystery Shack. Stan and Mabel were outside, probably trying to figure out what in the world was going on.

Ida screamed their names. Mabel seemed caught off-guard, especially from not being called Shooting Star by Ida. The ghost ran over to them and said, "We need help! Now!"

Stan wasn't about to argue with a clearly panicked spirit with a knife. He ran back inside to get his brother and nephew. Mabel started questioning Ida. "Long story. Bill is cursed, the curse got control, things are happening." Ida explained shortly. Mabel's eye twitched a bit. "Isn't THIS just nice!" Mabel yelled, throwing her arms in the air.

Soon, Ida and the Pines were heading back to the mansion. That was when Dipper noticed something in the sky. "What... are those?" Stan looked up as well.

The cloud orb had sprouted four fleshy appendages.

"It looks like pasta made from humans." Stan responded. "One of my cellmates was in prison for that." He added. Ida looked at him quizzically.

Ida sighed, focusing on the auras. She ran to the town, where everyone was still sleeping. Elizabetta suddenly rushed toward them, her sons right behind her. "This is bad. This is bad." She kept muttering. The understatement of the century.

She suddenly stopped, the grass around her turning into a white ring with intricate patterns. "Inside the ring! Now!" The group did so, crowding into the circle.

The four appendages in the sky suddenly shot down to the ground, caging in the town.

Gravity Falls was drowned in red.

For a moment, no one could see anything. Then, the thick color faded into a tint.

That didn't make anything better.