Chapter 28: A New Tale

"Good work, guys."

"Likewise, you two."

You stretched your limbs as you peered toward the night sky. The stars were hidden by the clouds above, a pleasant drizzle upon you and your allies. Your eyes turned to the ragtag group of hooligans, who were now being taken into custody by the local law enforcement. A result of another midnight raid.

"Thank you for your hard work, Schale!" A robotic cop... a robocop? No, never mind that. They saluted you and your group as they neared you with a smile on their visor. You gave out a two-fingered salute in response, while Droz and Davis replied in their own way. "Please, have a good evening!" They said as they left you and your cohorts alone. You absentmindedly turned toward the sky as the two talked about something.

It's been a few weeks since then. A few very busy weeks. As soon as you were fit for combat, you took the chance to do so right away to get back in the game. And right on time, too. Combat missions have been popping up more frequently. It is Schale's busy period once again.

Schale... yes, it was often abuzz with activities. Yet it could get quite... lonely. Oftentimes, you called out to your partner, only for the silence to answer you. Only then did you realize that you were alone.

"Right, Mantis?"

"Huh? Oh, yes." You answered, not knowing what was the conversation about. "Tsk, you're not listening, are you?" Davis clicked his tongue in annoyance. You and Droz chuckled in response.

"Heh, sorry, what was that about again?"

"I said you're the one who's going to Millennium tomorrow, right?"

"Ah... yeah, that, I am."

Millennium Science School. One of the biggest academic institutions in Kivotos, which prides itself as the most technologically advanced academy in the city. You've seen their works. Drones, robots, machines, software. Impressive... but not a space-faring era type of wonders.

And certainly not a Titan-creating one.

Recently, a club in Millennium named... Game Development Department? Well, they reached out to Schale and said they were having some kind of big trouble with their Student Council. And thus, you would have to listen to them on-site.

That was an excuse, by the way. You needed a change of pace, to get away from the paperwork. Arona was probably going to nag at you, but that's fine... you think...

"By the way, who's writing the after-action report this time?"

"...Rock, paper, scissors?"

"...Rock, paper, scissors."

--------------------

You hummed in joy as you made your way to Millennium. After all, you weren't the one who lost the rock, paper, and scissors. There was still some paperwork left unfinished in Schale, and Arona berated you for leaving your work, but you could handle it later... probably.