Chapter 39: Exordium

"!!!"

She awoke with a silenced gasp as she immediately shot up. Not even a second passed and she already swiftly took to assessing the area around her with a cold and calculating stare. Her eyes quickly glazed over her surroundings.

She found herself sitting on a bed in a small dark grey room, filled with a lot of what seemed to be medical equipment. She held her head trying to make sense of things, but a small frown invaded her features as she motioned to move, but a tug quickly stopped her. She looked down, only to see multiple tubes attached to her arms.

"Hm." With a grunt, she roughly removed all tubes attached to her, allowing her to finally move freely. She wondered why there was little to no crimson liquid when she harshly removed the tubes, but a sudden appearance of a presence quickly caught her attention and raised her alarm.

With unexpected agility, she spun around and rapidly jumped off the bed, facing the presence hidden by the shadows. On pure instinct alone, she lowered her stance as her right hand hovered over her left hip-

Only to find out that she was grasping for empty air.

A short giggle permeated the room after her outburst, causing her frown to deepen. She clenched her fist repeatedly, readying herself for a fisticuff should it come to that. With her... skills and expertise, she will not lose.

Instead of a rushing foe, a female voice called out to her. "As expected of his kind." A few words of amazement entered her ear, along with a series of slow claps. She exhaled a short breath as the presence of the figure finally out from the darkness. "We have... an offer to make."

She revealed herself, and in her cradle, a very familiar white-blue glimmer shined gently in the darkness.

--------------------

You tightened the black ties around your neck. A steeled gaze accompanied your visage as you walked down the halls of Trinity. You just denied the request of arguably the most powerful faction in Trinity to sus out the 'traitor', and the result was just about as you expected.

A declaration that she would try her best to demolish the whole apple cart at all cost.

A proclamation of war, so to speak.

Not a war of flowing blood that you were so used to, but one of stratagems and cunningness. Be that as it may, she was but a child who had to get her hands dirty in politics which resulted in her paranoia. Well then... if she was to go full force regarding this matter...

It would only be fair that you reply in kind, wouldn't it?

A sigh escaped you as you glanced left through the windows, admiring the wide courtyard of Trinity down below. You couldn't believe you had this thought, but you were actually missing the Frontier. Well, not the Frontier itself, at least.

But how you could solve almost any problems there with a gun.