Chapter 31: Change of Hearts

After bidding your farewell to the Engineering Club, you, Davis, and the Game Development Department returned to their club room. But soon after, Yuuka quickly barged in, intent on questioning the club's latest newcomer.

"So, what's your role here?"

"Backline heavy weapon specialist!"

"...Huh?"

"A-Ah, I m-mean a programmer!"

"I see... being a programmer is hard, isn't it?"

"Oh yes, sometimes we die from overworking!"

"Huh?!"

Meanwhile, as Aris was being questioned by what seemed to be The Inquisition itself, you and Davis were doing some important work on the sideline. "Screw you, how are you better than me!?" That work was borrowing one of the GDD Club's consoles with prior permission and pla- testing its efficiency.

Oh, your character just air combo-ed him to oblivion. "Hahaha!" You laughed as the sound of clicking controllers filled the air. Midori and Momoi were shivering in despair as they witnessed Aris' interrogation as you and Davis were duking it out.

A rowdy atmosphere, for sure... yet also one that you couldn't help but find comfort in.

"Say, you think they whiffed it?" Davis whispered as you beat his ass inside the fighting game. Your eyes glanced over to Yuuka's suspecting gaze toward Aris. "Eh, it'll probably be fine..." You answered him quietly as the victory sign appeared for you on the screen.

"How the hell did I lose to you? You rarely played any game!"

"Yeah, I diagnose you with a skill issue."

"Piss off." He sulked in the corner as you giggled like a kid. Your phone rang, showing a name on the screen. "Oh, excuse me." You promptly made your way outside the room. You closed the door behind you as your feet brought you to the windows. 

You accepted the call as you watched Millennium's courtyard. "Yo, it's me." He started as you gazed upon the bustle and hustle below. Huh... sure reminded you of Angel City. "What's up, Droz?" 

"Right, so, uh... I think I met one of them."

"Huh? Who?"

"Trinity's higher up."

Ah... the Tea Party. A strange name for a student council, but they are a student council all the same. Which meant that they are the de facto leader of Trinity Academy, one of the three largest academies in Kivotos.