Chapter 30: Discovery?

You and your team stood around the slumbering girl, who had just been dressed in Millennium's uniform by the two. "Look," Momoi pointed to the words etched on the sides of the chair the girl was slumbering atop. "It reads... AL-1S?"

"O-Oh?" Midori questioningly looked at the girl. Momoi proceeded to poke the sleeping girl on her cheeks several times. Suddenly, a beeping sound resonated from her. "Are the robots here?" Midori asked as she worriedly looked around the shambled room.

"No, I think it's her." Your grip on your weapons tightened, but not aimed toward her yet. Droz and Davis shared a small nod with you, a wordless affirmation. Suddenly the beeping noise stopped, followed by a new robotic voice.

|Status updated. Qualified subjects detected. Dormant state deactivated.|

A whirring sound entered your hearing. Her eyes opened, showing the azure blue pupils underneath. Her halo, which was unlike any you've ever seen before, materialized above her head. It was of a light blue color, yet the shape was blocky and rectangular. Almost... digital in nature?

A string of messages from your comrades appeared on your heads-up display.

|A robot?|

|No? She got that halo above her.|

|So... an angel-bot?|

|I don't know.|

She stood straight, her head looking around carefully as her dark-blue hair swayed in the air. "Circumstances unknown..." She voiced out, this time in her own voice, and not the robotic one you've been hearing. Her eyes began to glaze over to the five of you. "Attempting conversation."

"Please explain." She demanded in a robotic tone, causing you to share a look with the rest of the Six-Four. "H-Huh? You want to know what's going on?" Momoi replied, not knowing what to do. Your grip on your weapon relaxed a bit, knowing she won't be inherently hostile.

"That's what we were going to ask you!" Her younger sibling chimed in. "Who are you?! What is this place?!"

The girl stayed silent for a moment. "Error, sense of self, memory, and purpose not found. Data unavailable." She answered in a monotonous tone. "A very... rigid speech you have there..." Droz looked at her curiously.

"Please explain."

"Eh? What, you want me to explain that?"

"Affirmative."

The conversation continued on, but it was quickly drowned out as you felt someone was calling for you. Your eyes quickly turned toward the wall of the room. 'Hm?' You tilted your head questioningly as you slowly approached it.