Chapter 51: Heralding Demise

"Standby for Titanfall."

Those cold, emotionless words.

They echoed within everyone's radio line on the battlefield. In an instant, they looked up toward the sky, where the blazing fireball descended from the heavens as if answering a single girl's prayer. She brought a true miracle, manifested in this very second.

The look of hope... returned to the defenders' visage.

The look of despair... descended to the invaders' faces.

A Pilot, heralding their demise.

=====

"Oh my God..." Droz mumbled in a daze as he looked at the now bright, blue sky of the battlefield. Awe was drawn on his face as he gazed at the odd-defying miracle. "Holy shit..." Davis, his bloodlust now abated, also had the same look on his face.

SCREEEEEEEEEEECH!

BOOOOOM!

The fireball crashed to the ground, kicking up dust everywhere to curtain its arrival and shaking the earth with great tremors. Every piece on the battlefield covered their eyes from the gust of wind assaulting their faces. And as they opened their eyes-

A green giant stood tall.

=====

"We are massively outnumbered." The Titan's voice echoed within his helmet. "Our enemies many, we are few." He continued, yet eliciting not a single word from his partner. One's normal reaction to such information would be to do a tactical retreat to strike at a more advantageous time. 

But no... not this time.

"My whole arsenal is at your disposal, Pilot."

"Focus. Plan. Attack."

"We will destroy all our enemies."

"Hm." A mere hum he let out underneath his helmet. Without needing any more words, the cockpit opened, letting the Pilot and his heavy pressure into this world. The man jumped, landing on the ground with his feet.

"That's... Mantis... right?" Davis questioned, perplexed at the supposed arrival of his close aide. "That's... him, there's no mistaking it..." Droz answered his question, equally confused at the current event. "But... what is this...?"