Rosalie: Homecoming Dance

"Well, there you are!" Cece exclaimed as the group of teachers standing on the sidewalk in front of the school waved to me. 

"Sorry I'm a bit late. I couldn't decide which one," I waved my hands over my dress. My dress was a deep purple. Dark lace touched the tops of my knees and my arms.

"It's beautiful," Nora helped me up the sidewalk step with a gloved hand. 

"Thank you," I smiled to Nora as I locked my car. "Julian's here?"

"Yeah, he's been inside with Mark helping the juniors set up." Nicole appeared beside me.

I nodded, jamming my keys into my clutch as we walked up to the gym entrance. 

The junior class were the ones that planned and setup for the homecoming dances every year. The senior class planned prom, and the freshman and sophomore classes were responsible for the Christmas party. 

As we walked into the gym lobby, I could hear Mark barking orders inside the gym. I waved to the group as I walked to the gym. Gemma stood in the middle of the gym floor, looking up at one of the high walls. She smiled as she noticed me walking to her. "You look beautiful, honey," she pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

Gemma wore a sheath pink dress, with a modest slit on her right side. Her long blond hair was down, covering her spaghetti straps and reaching to her mid thighs. "You, too, as always," I smiled up at her. She towered over me. She has to be wearing at least five inch heels. 

"Move it a little more your way!" Mark yelled.

Gemma and I both looked in his direction. Mark was pushing a huge speaker while Julian was using his psychokinesis to guide the speaker into the right position. "I think that's good!" Julian yelled to Mark.

"No! A little more your way!"

"I think that's perfect, darling," Gemma called out.

Mark let go of the speaker and brushed his hands together. "Looks good!"

I giggled as Julian groaned.

"Took you long enough to get here, Rosie." Mark jogged to us. He hadn't even broken a sweat. He wrapped me in a quick hug before wrapping an arm over Gemma's shoulder.

"It took me longer than I thought to get ready." My eyes locked with Julian's as he walked towards us, panting.

"What are you out of breath for, kid? You're supposed to be a number one hero!" Mark clapped Julian's back.

"Yeah, but I'm not dragging four hundred pound speakers across gym floors everyday." Julian groaned again as he stretched out his back. "You look beautiful, Rosalie." Julian looked over me. His eyes scanning every part.

I tried to keep the blood from rushing to my face, but it was no use. Thank God the lights dimmed just in time.

"Students must be arriving," Gemma said to no one in particular. The DJ walked into the DJ booth and started his music.

Before long, the gym was filled with students. Loud music filled every corner. Students laughed and sang together. Multiple different students asked Julian to dance with them. He gently declined each one, keeping his spot by me. We talked like best friends again. He only brought up Paige once to say that she was busy tonight with a family affair. 

As the night wore on, the music grew louder. We couldn't hear each other over the music. We watched the students dance together, having the best time of their lives. But, somehow, over the music, I heard screaming. I looked over the room and up at Julian, but no one else seemed bothered by it. I turned from Julian and made my way toward the gym exit into the lobby. The desperate screams of help filled the lobby. And I recognized the voice.

Hailey's eyes locked with mine. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to hold Danny. His body convulsing against hers. "Miss Rosalie!" She cried.

I threw my drink into the trash can and slid on the ground next to her. White foam was spilling out of Danny's mouth. I moved him out of Hailey's lap and held him on his side so he wouldn't suffocate on the foam. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. He-he just fell to the floor," Hailey sobbed.

"He's having a seizure. Do you know if this has happened to him before? Did you notice if he was shaking or his pupils were dilated before he started?"

Hailey shook her head. "We-we were just talking, then his eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he dropped."

Footsteps entered the lobby. I turned and sighed relief when I saw Julian.

"Whoa. What's going on?"

"This freshman is having a seizure. Can you get Mark? I need him to bring him upstairs to the infirmary."

Julian nodded and ran back out into the gym. Not even thirty seconds later, Mark, Gemma, and Julian ran back into the lobby. Mark scooped Danny into his arms and started for the stairs. "Gemma, can you please bring Hailey to her dorm and stay with her?"

Gemma nodded, her face softening as she approached Hailey. I ran to catch up with the guys. "This is Danny Fenderson, isn't it?" Mark whispered.

"Yeah." I leaned against Julian as we walked, taking off my heels.

Mark placed Danny into bed one as I washed my hands. "Put him on his side for me."

Mark did as he was told. I walked to the front side of Danny and pressed my lips to his temple. His body relaxed after a minute, and I backed away. He wasn't foaming at the mouth and could breathe on his own. I gently rolled him onto his back and started removing his shoes. His skin was especially pale and cold. 

"Jesus," Julian sighed.

I pulled the blanket over Danny and walked toward my desk to grab an incident form and a clipboard.

"What happened?" Mark asked.

I shrugged as I pulled a chair up to Danny. "Hailey said he just collapsed. Didn't even give any bodily signs of an oncoming seizure."

"He's the kid that the mom went manic at the Fall Festival about how he wasn't in his human form, and we had no idea he had a human form," Mark clued in Julian.

"Oh, shit."

How to Save Someone: 101On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara