Rosalie: Aftermath

Paige was apprehended and arrested at the Redfield building. Each of the villains working with Paige were arrested and detained in blackout chambers. All the students and tranced kids were rescued and taken to local hospitals for evaluations. 

Danny was the one, by far, in the worst shape out of all the rescued kids and students. He was immediately taken into the intensive care unit. It was a rough couple of hours after they brought him to the hospital. All of the freshmen slept in the waiting room, refusing to leave until they heard an official update on Danny. After eight hours, Dr. Calloway Clive finally told us Danny was expected to make a full recovery.

After I dropped Hailey off at her dorm to finally rest, I went to my mom's office. She was expecting me, of course, knowing this conversation would have to happen. I walked into her office quietly and shut the door behind me. 

"How long have you known?"

"Since the beginning of summer." Mom wasn't going to beat around the bush. She knew there was no hiding anything from me anymore.

"About all of it?"

She sighed. "Yes. From your father kidnapping children to create an army to your father having an affair with Paige."

"And you did nothing?" I raised my voice.

"The army is backed by the government. There was nothing I could do."

The government was behind this all along.

"The least you could do was protect your students."

"I did the best I could, Rosalie. I implemented a new security system. I updated the dorms to be more secure."

"But it wasn't enough, was it? A student could have died if his friend didn't save his life!"

Mom sighed again, trying to keep her composure. "It won't happen again."

"No, it won't, because I'll see to it that it doesn't."