Hailey: End of the Year Festival

The End of the Year was a week long event during the last week of school. Seniors performed their State Tests in front of a crowd of students, families, agents, and government representatives. Seniors were signed onto agencies after the three days of test. Then that afternoon, the new seniors were announced, and they were able to show off their abilities. Friday was the last day of school, and the annual Fun Day. Students packed their dorms and said goodbye to their friends.

Bella wrapped her arms around my neck as we loaded the last of her things into her parent's U-Haul truck. "We'll still talk every day, right?"

"Right," I smiled.

"And you'll get to come stay for a week at my house in June!"

"Yeah, in two weeks!"

"Oh, my God. Only two weeks? I have so much to do! Mom, Dad, we have to go," she hugged me one more time. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

I chuckled as she hopped into the back seat of the truck. I waved as they drove off.

A pair of arms wrapped around my middle, and a chin rested on my shoulder. "Hey, you," Danny's voice was soft and smooth in my ear.

I turned in his arms and gently kissed his lips. "Are your parents here, yet?"

He smiled. "Almost. They requested to meet you."

"Me? Why?"

He smiled down at me in his arms. "I would guess because they want to meet the girl that saved my life."

I shrugged. "I didn't do much."

"You saved my life, Hailey."

"There's the two puppy lovers!" Rosalie called, her hand intertwined with Julian Fisher's. 

I grinned and waved. Danny let go of me enough to hug Rosalie.

"My parents want to meet you, too, Miss Rosalie."

She nodded. "Sounds fitting. Have you met my boyfriend, Julian, Danny?"

Danny shook his head. "No, I hadn't."

"Danny, Julian Fisher. Julian, Danny Fenderson."

They shook hands. "Wait, hang on, Julian Fisher, as in Jedi?"

Julian nodded. "Yeah, that's me."

"Woah! Miss Rosalie, you're dating a superhero!"

Rosalie smiled up at at Julian. "Yeah, unfortunately."