Rosalie: Betrayal

Alarms woke me from my sleep. But it was still dark outside, and it wasn't my morning alarm. It was the breach alarm. Cece and I bolted straight up in our beds, looked at each other with shock, then ran to the door. We flung the doors open and were met with screams. Students were fading as they ran from their rooms. Kids, who were students, ran after students, tackled them, and faded with them. Some students were able to fight off their attackers and helped other students get away.

"Miss Rosalie! Miss James!" A small voice ran to us. I looked over the students before realizing the voice was lower than the rest. A pair of paws scratched at my leg. I scooped up Bella's cat form from the ground and held her close.

"Where's Hailey?"

"Danny attacked her in our dorm room," she panted. "She told me to tell you 'Redfield building'."

"She got the name of the building." Cece gasped.

I handed Bella to Cece. "Get out of here. Go to Elise. Tell her to get there asap."

"Where are you going?"

"To find Hailey!" I yelled as I bolted for the door to the stairs.

My heart pounded my chest. This can't be happening again. The dorms had grown quiet. I ran to Hailey and Bella's dorm. The door was wide open, but there was no one there.

"Hailey?" I called out.

No answer.

The room looked normal. Nothing was out of place. Except for the comforters that were thrown back.

"Sorry about this," a voice whispered from in behind me.

Before I could even think, the room went dark.

~~

My head throbbed as I opened my eyes. The bright lights stung. I tried to put my hands over my eyes, but I couldn't move them past a certain distance. Metal chains rattled as I tried to move.

"Ah, you're awake," a voice rang out.

I squinted to try to see who spoke, but my eyes were still trying to adjust. "Where am I?"

"Redfield."

The building Hailey said.

The figure stepped into view, and my eyes widened as I recognized the black hair, bangs, and glasses.

"Paige?"

She smiled. Not maliciously; almost as an apology.

"What is this place?"

"A government facility. We do experiments here and-"

"Build a child army?"

She softly nodded.

I leaned against the hard wall. I had heard about all of the kidnappings. I had hoped that the kids had just gotten lost, but deep down I knew that wasn't true. "How did you get wrapped up in all of this?"

"He brought me here," she smiled again, but wider.

"He?" I questioned.

"The love of my life."

My heart throbbed. "Julian's part of this, too?" I screamed.

This time, she laughed. "Of course not. I kept him close to keep you at a distance."

"You never loved him." I pressed.

"Definitely not."

My heart ached. Out of heartache for Julian, but out of hope for us.

"Then who? Why keep me at a distance?"

"Well, I can't just tell you. Where's the fun in that?" Her grin turned malicious.

"I'm not playing with you, Paige. You messed with Julian. That means you messed with me."

She waved me off. "How about a hint, then?"

Fury was bubbling inside of me.

"He's the most loved superhero. You know him very well."

My mind raced. It couldn't be him. Could it?

Paige pouted. "I think I gave away the answer too quickly."

It is him. Of all the horrid things. The metal bindings broke off of my wrists.

The smile fell from Paige's face, and she stepped back in horror. "W-what will you do?"

This time, it was my turn to grin at her. "You better hope the cops get here soon, because they'll show you more mercy than I will."