Chapter 1: The Beginning Of A Fairytale

Edited

"Every great love starts with a great story."

~Nicholas Spark

Dandelions- Ruth B.

Once upon a time...

In a land far and wide, lived a young princess named Meera, with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair, as dark as the raven.

She was kind and gentle, sweet and innocent. She was the prettiest of them all but most importantly, she had a beautiful heart.

She had it all but her heart longed for something else. Every night when she closed her eyes, she dreamt of a man with crystal eyes coming to her.

Finally on her sixteenth birthday, as custom would have it, a witch was called to grant the princess a wish. And Meera wished for a love so profound that it will transcend all. A prince to whisk her away to his kingdom in the clouds.

One day while roaming her gardens, she came across a beautiful multi-coloured butterfly. It seemed to be speaking to her in a language of its own and then flew away.

Entranced by its spell Meera followed the trail as it led her into the enchanted forest. They stopped in front of a waterfall whose water glittered like diamonds under the sunlight that escaped through the thick canopy of trees.

She searched around but the butterfly had vanished and in its place, in front of her stood a handsome stranger.

With high cheekbones and unruly dark hair falling upon his forehead he was mesmerizing. But what stunned her most were those hypnotizing crystal eyes that held her captive. Even when wearing a crumpled shirt drenched in water, he still looked like a prince.

His lips stretched into an alluring smile as he started walking toward her. Meera was still rooted to her place, unable to take her eyes away from this beguiling creature who had managed to steal her heart at the first glance.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm the one your heart desired and you're the one I've waited for." His deep voice reached her.

"And I've finally found you."

Meera gasped, opening her obsidian eyes wide as she let them sweep across the pale blue walls.

She was back in her room. Enclosed within blue walls and white furnishings embellished with gold, a mural of a castle and carriage on the back wall and a painting of a dancing couple on the side wall, a white net canopy over her bed covered in a luxurious mauve velvet duet cover,and yet her mind was still back in that forest, the dream vivid behind her eyes and the stranger's eyes etched in her heart.