Chapter 10b: Longing

Thank you for being there since the start. Your comments always made me smile 🫶

Happy Holi

-----------------------------

"Longing for things that can never be yours is human nature. Turning them away when they are within your reach is foolishness."

🎶 Chand Sifarish

A mellow tune floated through the air as two hearts beat together in harmonious synchrony

A mellow tune floated through the air as two hearts beat together in harmonious synchrony. A hush fell upon the onlookers who had unknowingly become a part of a twisted tale of longing and desire. The harsh sun had softened its rays, cocooning the young couple in its seraphic light, creating a warm sojourn away from the watchful eyes.

The air was charged as her lithe form pressed elegantly against him. The proximity between them was turning Meera's brain into mush as she struggled to remove her bracelet that was tousled with a loose golden thread from his Kurta.

The universe mocked them as Fate laughed at their effort to break free from his hold.

No one had ever escape Fate for it was already pre-determined.

And their fate, it had been written ages ago, before the descent of time, etched into the books of white with the same string of gold as the one that had wrapped itself around the two oblivious individuals, pulling them closer to become one.

Her resistance grew weaker the longer his arm was draped around her, holding her close. All she wanted was to submerge herself into the embrace, to mold herself into him in such a way that no one could dissever them apart.

No, she couldn't give in.

Anger coursed through her veins at the sour memory of the humiliation she faced at the cost of her want that still lived in her head rent free.

What incensed her even more was the sight of Dev just standing there and doing nothing, as if he had nothing else to do or nowhere else to be but to be there—with her in this tangled mess.

Dev drank in the bewitching sight of Meera trying to get away from his hold while his arm skimmed her dainty waist. She was wearing a cotton anarkali suit with a white net dupatta drapped over her shoulders, fluttering in the air. Hiding underneath, forming a lump on her chest was the butterfly locket. Her inky curls escaped the loose braid, framing her delicate face and hiding her silver jhumkas dangling from her earlobes.

He should help untangle the twist but he was lost in the serenity of the setting- the gentleness in the air, the warmth of her presence and the ethereal vision in white. It was her colour- innocent as a dove, pure as the snow, soft as a cloud, mysterious like the moon, and blinding as the light.