Chapter 4: Dance of Passion

*Unedited

"The cruelest heartbreaks are from the people you love the most."

🎶 Mere Dholna Sun (Original)

*Play the song when you see the lyrics

Ayaansh Raichand had never given much importance to the familial ties and obligations that came with sharing the same blood

Ayaansh Raichand had never given much importance to the familial ties and obligations that came with sharing the same blood. It didn't make sense to him why the word was so restricted in it's approach.

He loved his family, of course he did, because he had to. It was inbred in him. He wasn't given a choice. He was born to them, with them.That wasn't to say that he didn't care for them. But anything born out of obligation wasn't nearly as powerful as something arising out of a choice.

"Do I have to go?" Ayaansh turned to Dev who was lying on his bed, while he sorted through his cupboard looking for a nice T-shirt to wear.

They didn't have classes today because of the college fest which Ayaansh wanted to go to. But Dev or his mother weren't letting him.

"Yes," Dev said for the third time without even looking up from the book he was reading about buildings and designs.

Ayaansh couldn't understand what fascinated him in such a boring book that just had pictures of random buildings and information about them.

Ayaansh restrained himself from childishly stomping his feet. "But why?"

"Because she is your sister."

"She is not my---" he shut his mouth after receiving a sharp look from his friend and groaned. "Dad isn't coming too."

Dev was used to this side of Ayaansh and wasn't fazed by it . He went back to flipping pages and calmly answered, "All the more reason for you to be there."

Ayaansh huffed, throwing away a yellow shirt. He wanted to wear something drab- like his mood right now. "I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about it."

He remembered his sister's silly tantrum the other night. An overreaction as always.

So, dad couldn't make it. Big deal! She should be used to it by now.

It irritated Ayaansh when Meera was being unreasonable. Always wanting more that she could get. It's not as if his father went to every one of his programmes. He was busy running a company. Ayaansh had made peace with it. So could she.

"You support your family. Look at what happens when they don't," Dev muttered under his breath.

Ayaansh ignored the last part, as he knew Dev would want him to. "It's not like she comes to every one of my games. Last week I had a football match and only mum and dad came. But dad left halfway because of work. Did I make a big fuss about that- no!"