Chapter 5: Tale of Heartbreak

"Unrequited love in itself is a different kind of hell."

🎶 Tu jaane na

Applause reverberated around the auditorium as Meera took the final bow

Applause reverberated around the auditorium as Meera took the final bow. She surveyed the hall for her family who was cheering for her with smiles gracing their lips while her eyes lingered on the empty chair for a moment longer before she averted them.

The walls of her heart trembled and she couldn't help but feel disappointed at the way Dev was handling things between them. One moment he was with her and the next he was gone. And even when he was there, he really wasn't. It was all very confusing and she did not know what to make of it.

Meera looked around for her mother while trudging towards the third row when Logan blocked her view. He stepped closer, fascination twinkling in his moss-like eyes for the breathtaking beauty in red.

"Magnifique!" he breathed

Logan couldn't withhold his lure for Meera any long as he gazed enticingly at the pulchritudinous siren, unused to the attention she was getting and unaware of her charms.

Oh, what a delight it would be to peel off her innocent layers to unleash the seductress, hidden beneath, that she was.

"Like a celestial nymph gliding down the golden stairway from the heaven above to grace us lowly mortals with her captivating presence, you have bewitched me with your enthralling dance."

Meera swept away her sweaty locks teasing the side of her face, her skin turning warm, due to the exertion or the compliments she didn't know. Her lips curled shyly. "Merci."

Meera had been learning a few basic french words in the span of a few days to impress the french boy and it worked since he appeared amused for the most part.

"The sweet nectar dripping from your voice as you speak in my mother tongue has to be the most melodious sound to ever exist," he replied flirtatiously.

Meera flicked of her hand, abashedly, her cheeks stained crimson. "You flatter me."

"Now, I have to teach you French," Logan said with a boyish grin.

"Only if you let me teach you Hindi," Meera put forth rapturously.

The flamboyant boy perked up at her offer and winked. "It's a deal. I'll let you meet your family now." Logan stepped to the side and tilted his head. "Au revoir pour l'instant ma belle." He just couldn't get enough of her.

Meera beamed having a slight idea of what he said and replied, "Au revoir," with a slight accent that made Logan chuckle.