Overwhelming

There were many things Blake Freemont enjoyed about living with a roommate. She never got lonely, she got to live with someone she knew and since they had the same music tastes, there was always some sort of melody floating through the apartment. However, there was one thing that Blake absolutely loathed about having to live with someone who was completely comfortable with her.

Blake was asleep. Dead asleep. She and Lyric had stayed up extra late last night to binge some Marvel movies again and, per usual, got carried away. They went to bed around 4 AM. That's why, around 8 AM, she nearly committed a homicide.

Something very heavy and bony landed harshly on Blake's stomach. Her eyes shot open as she sat up immediately, no longer asleep and dreaming. Instead, she found herself completely blinded by sunlight and gasping for breath.

"WAKE UP BITCH, I'M BORED," is what was yelled right in Blake's ear by her best friend of 3 years.

Blake caught her breath, wiped the remaining sleep away from her eyes and very slowly looked down at the petite blonde looking up at her with a mischievous pout. She glared at Lyric.

"You have exactly 5 seconds to run before I throw you out of the window," Blake growled.

Lyric was suddenly not in her room anymore. She could only assume that Lyric was hiding somewhere so that she couldn't get to her. She needed that head start. They both knew it. Blake stalked out of bed, pulled on the bare minimum that she could get away with and proceeded into the living room. She looked around, eliminating hiding places.

Then Blake heard heavy breathing coming from the hall closet. She tiptoed over, staying as quiet as possible. When she got to the edge of the door frame, she paused and collected herself, getting ready for the fight that would ensue. Blake inhaled deeply, her eyes locked on the door knob. In a split second, the door was opened, the entrance blocked by a tall and well built, sleep deprived 22 year old with a shit-eating grin on her face as she looked down at her best friend cowering in the very back corner of the closet, hoping to all things holy that the darkness reached her enough. It didn't.

Lyric shrieked and tried to slip under Blake's arms, only to be pulled right back and picked up. Blake threw her over her shoulder, tickling her a she walked into the living room and then jumped onto the couch, landing on top of Lyric.

She squealed, "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry Blake, I know we barely got any sleep last night, but this was too important for me to not tell you as soon as I found out."

Blake sat up, still slightly annoyed, but with a questioning look on her face. "What's up? What's so important?"

Lyric started giggling like a psychopath which only increased Blake's worry for her friend. She got up and ran to the printer they kept in the office area, stopping only to grab her computer from her room. "Okay, so! You know how ComicCon is always sold out and there's never a place to stay when we try to visit during that week?" Blake nodded, still majorly confused. "Welllllll, my uncle got a new job that just so happens to be in the place they're holding it this year so he got us VIP passes AND A PLACE TO STAY!"

Blake's jaw dropped immediately. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I heard you correctly, it kind of sounded like we are going to ComicCon this year."

Lyric bit her lip excitedly and nodded her head. Blake took a second to register that information and then locked eyes with her. They both started smiling like the Cheshire Cat and then scream-laughed, jumping on each other. Their celebration got louder, as Blake started blaring Overwhelming by Jon Bellion throught the entire apartment, even going so far as to open the windows that overlook the street so that passing pedestrians could join in on the pure euphoria they were feeling in the moment.

Two die-hard Marvel fans were going to ComicCon.