Heads Will Roll

When I walked back to the table Scarlett and Lyric were finishing up and conversing amongst themselves. I sat down and stole some of Lyric's bread rolls while she wasn't paying attention and hid a couple under my napkin. The other one I shoved in my mouth. She looked at me and I swung my head around so fast that I got whiplash.

"Uh, Blake?"

My eyes widened and shot to Scarlett in a panic. She held her hand over her mouth, trying not to let out an audible laugh.

"Hm?" I could feel my face contorting into a grimace and quickly swallowed the rest.

"You alright?"

I tried to speak and choked on the roll, so much so that I had to grab my water and chug it down. That was the final straw for Scarlett, who completely lost it and let out a booming laugh. I tried to contain my own, but her laugh is so contagious that soon all of us were laughing and only half of us knew why.

"I'm fine," I said after I could talk, my voice rough from choking and then laughing immediately after.

Scarlett snorted, "Oh, she's great."

I kicked her foot and she glared at me, kicking my shin in retaliation.

Pointy toe heels hurt like a bitch, noted.

I huffed in defeat and slumped down in my chair, pouting like the child I truly am. Florence slightly put it together and Lyric just looked so lost at this point, so she shrugged and grabbed another roll.

Lunch was pretty calm after my shenanigans were behind us. We just sat and talked for a while, until Lyric and I decided to go back to the hotel for a bit of rest before exploring some more. Or should I say, exploring when I would actually remember it. We would all drive in the car that was rented out to us and take Florence to Scarlett's.

Only, it didn't quite work out how we planned.

We got to the car, Scarlett stealing the passenger seat much to Lyric's and even Florence's annoyance. Scarlett and I just laughed at the two who decided to play rock, paper, scissors for the seat behind me. I still don't know why that seat is important, but I digress. Florence ended up behind me, Lyric diagonal to me.

We had started out of the parking space and were pulling onto the road when Lyric spoke up.

"Blake, let me see your phone, I want to play a song from your favorite playlist that we listen to all the time."

I didn't think anything of it (big mistake) and handed her my phone. The car was silent for a moment until I heard it. And I really almost wrecked the car.

Oh, ooh
Oh, ooh
Off, off with your head
Dance, dance 'til you're dead

I could feel my face completely drain of blood before it immediately rushed right back, in excess. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Scarlett freeze, her jaw dropping, before slowly shifting in her seat to look at me. I looked in the mirror at Lyric and she had the biggest shit-eating grin on her face that I had ever seen. I didn't dare look at Florence or Scarlett in the eyes.

"Lyric. You're so fucking DEAD!"

She returned my sentiment by turning up the song. I groaned and pulled over, throwing my head into the steering wheel. I could hear Scarlett cackling and Florence giggling.

I will never live this down. Unless....

"Hey, Lyric?"

"Yes, best friend who I love so much?"

I cringed and rolled my eyes in acceptance. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I gestured to Scarlett with my eyes and luckily she didn't catch it. Florence and Lyric, however, very much did. We all shared looks and smirks before Lyric started the song over again.

Scarlett looked behind her questionably, only to get shrugs as an answer. She turned to me, but I just smiled innocently at her and turned the volume all the way up in the car. Her eyes widened as soon as she caught on.

"No-"

"GLITTER ON THE WET STREETS!"

"Please-"

"SILVER OVER EVERYTHING!"

"Blake-"

"THE GLITTER'S ALL WET!"

"STOP-"

"YOU'RE ALL CHROME!"

"GUYS-"

"I'M DRIPPING WITH ALCHEMY!"

Scarlett gave up as we all joined in our very own carpool karaoke.

"SHIVER STOP SHIVERING!"

"THE GLITTER'S ALL WET!"

"YOU'RE ALL CHROME!"

Finally, she joined in and we rolled down the windows.

"THE MEN CRY OUT, THE GIRLS CRY OUT, THE MEN CRY OUT, THE GIRLS CRY OUT, THE MEN CRY OUT, OH NO!"

"THE MEN CRY OUT, THE GIRLS CRY OUT, THE MEN CRY OUT THE GIRLS CRY OUT, THE MEN CRY OUT, OH NO!"

"OFF, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

"DANCE, DANCE 'TIL YOU'RE DEAD!"

We drove through Time Square with the girls hanging out the window, me doing my best to join in when I could. We may have our differences and we may have been in rocky territory just hours earlier but in that moment, we were just four friends. Living life to the best of our abilities. No famous people, no paparazzi, no judgement.

Euphoria.