Summertime In Paris

Once the car pulled up to the restaurant, I got out and opened Lyric's door. I bowed jokingly and held out my hand, which she daintily accepted and held her head up high, before slugging me in the shoulder and moving out of Scarlett's way. I held out my hand for Scarlett as well and got a sweet yet sarcastic pat on the cheek, which earned her an eye roll.

I walked around to Florence's door and opened it for her. She accepted my hand and gave me a soft smile in response. I was about to offer her my elbow to walk to the other two, when a car came flying by and almost clipped Florence. I swung her around so that she was against the car and my back was to the street, my front pressed against hers.

We stared at each other in shock and panic (Me. I was panicked.) and I reached to cup her cheeks. I spent a good moment partially just trying to make sure that that actually happened. Not that I wanted it to, but it didn't even feel real. I also looked across her features, trying to read her emotions.

Shock. Confusion. Worry. Anger. Annoyance. Relief. Wait-

"Why are you annoyed?" I whispered, still in our little bubble.

Her eyes flashed with something too quickly for me to fully register it and then she pushed me off to the side, shaking her head.

"Florence?"

"Florence!"

"Blake!"

I whipped my head around to see Lyric and Scarlett rushing over. I stepped away and let Lyric crush me in a hug. I could feel her shaking.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm still here."

She shook her head and grabbed at me to pull me closer. I looked over at Scarlett, who was talking to Florence. Our eyes met and she quickly looked away to focus on their conversation. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but I just returned back to my moment with Lyric.

Once Lyric calmed down, Scarlett walked up to me and gave me a strong hug, then pulled away, slapped my shoulder and pulled me back in. At that point, I was getting so much whiplash, I honestly couldn't tell what was going on.

"You're an absolute idiot, you know that?" Scarlett questioned softly.

I looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry. I just didn't think to let her come out of the same door as you guys. It's my fault and-"

Scarlett put her hand over my mouth and I met her gaze. "You really are an idiot. Wow. I was not talking about putting her at risk because you didn't. AHT." I opened my mouth to object and she pressed harder against my lips. "That was not your fault."

I nodded slowly.

"You're an idiot because you put yourself between Florence and that damn car. I know you were protecting her, but we care about you, too."

I shrugged my shoulders weakly and tried to smile under her hand. She felt it and gave me a look. Scarlett glanced over at the other pair who were still hugging and murmuring to each other and grabbed my arm gently.

"Come on. Let's go somewhere private."

I let her lead me to a secluded spot near the restaurant.

"You're not going to go all Black Widow on me, are you?" I tried to joke, but stopped when Scarlett gave me another look.

She sat us down on a bench and looked out over the water. I noticed she was shivering and put my jacket over her shoulders. It was a while before either of us spoke.