On My Own

I could hear Lyric crying before I even set foot in the restroom. Unfortunately for the both of us, this was usually how it went if she was part of the conversation about my past. When I first told her, she broke down with the first sentence. It's not exactly something someone should have to get used to, but I'm glad I at least have some support for part of the retelling.

When I first told someone exactly what was going on, it was the hardest thing I'd ever done. They tried to get me to tell them by telling me something personal about them. Obviously, that didn't help one bit and gave me weird vibes. I barely got it out and yet, nothing happened. That seems to be the theme of how things go when I talk about my trauma.

I stepped through the threshold and immediately closed the door. Lyric was crying in a public place, but that didn't mean she should run the risk of having someone walk in and asking questions. The handicap stall was the only one with a shut and locked door, so I steeled myself for the nastiness of what I was about to do and slid under the gap.

Lyric paused her crying to give me the most disgusted, yet thankful look. it was an interesting combination, but I wasn't about to say anything.

"Hey Ricky, how're you holding up?"

She sniffled. "It gets easier, but it still hurts me."

I nodded and sighed, "Yeah, I know, I'm sorry for putting you through it without letting you prepare for it. I wasn't expecting to tell them anything, or even as much as I did, but I think it may have helped. Still, I'm sorry."

"And why the hell are you sorry?! All this happened to you, you have nothing to apologize for. Except maybe putting me in the position where I'm now one person away from my celebrity crush."

I snorted and shook my head. "Only you, Ricky. I came in to check on you and to let you know that the food just got to the table. No rush whatsoever, come whenev-"

"BREADSTICKS!"

"Or not. That's totally fine, too. And I'm talking to myself."

"No, you're not."

I jumped about 6 feet in the air.

"Fuck Florence, what was that for?"

She just laughed and nudged my shoulder.

"You scare easily and you talk to yourself. Those are red flags, if I've ever seen them."

I scoffed, wholly offended, yet knowing she was joking. "Excuse me, Miss Flo. That's just plain rude, I thought we were friends."

"Well, I had been considering it, but seeing you talk to yourself just sort of knocked me off that ride," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and nudged her shoulder back.

"Okay, I think you need some food in you. Or is it your time of the month, Yelena?" I smirked and strolled out, not even waiting for an answer.

I speed walked back to the table and sat down quickly, wanting to watch a 5'4 hot-headed blonde come at me like a bull to a red flag. I got some confused looks from Lyric and Scarlett, but once they looked and sae what I was running from, they just laughed and moved me out of the danger zone.

"I'm going to get you back for that," Florence huffed, apparently out of breath from that oh so long walk she just took.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm hungry though, let's eat, yeah?"

We all ignored her curses and mutterings throughout the meal and just enjoyed each other's company. There was little to no tension from yesterday and I was having the time of my life. Of course, that all had to come to an end.

"Blake, your phone's ringing. It says it's that Andrew guy..?"

My eyes shot up to Lyric's and we both were on edge. Scarlett and Florence, however, had no idea what was going on.

"Hold on, who is Andrew?"

"Why do you both look like you've seen a ghost?"

I grimaced and looked and my best friend. She shrugged and I sighed. I was about to answer their questions however I could, but apparently, whoever Andrew is, had other ideas.

"Blaaaaaaake?"

"Yep, I'm gonna just-" I sprinted away and stepped onto the sidewalk outside.

"Hello? Is this Blake?" A guy with a British accent greeted her as soon as she accepted the call.

"Yes it is, I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten back to you. Um, I don't actually remember much about that night? so I don't actually know who you are?"

A loud and charming laugh came from the receiver.

"No its okay, honestly I figured you wouldn't remember me with how knackered you were by the time I got you back to where you needed to be. Should we reintroduce ourselves? Or I guess I should be the one introducing myself, seeing as I know who you are and you have no idea who I am."

I just laughed it off. "Sure, go ahead. All I know is that your name is Andrew and we somehow spent time together while I was completely hammered. I'm hoping I didn't say or do anything too embarrassing?"

"No darling, you're fine! Honestly that was probably the most I've let go in a while, so I really needed to thank you. Introductions though... Well, my name is Andrew Garfield and from how you reacted when you ran into me, I'd say you know who I am."

My palm smacked over my eyes and slowly dragged down my face.

"Oh my god," I said, my words hindered from the strain my fingers were putting on my mouth at that point. "I'm so sorry for whatever it is that I did. That's so embarrassing."

Andrew just chuckled again. "No it was not embarrassing in the slightest. Honestly mate, if you hadn't been drunk, I would've taken you to some sort of pool hall and played some games with you, but you looked like you would pass out any minute."

"Well, thank literally anything above that's watching me for not letting me make it so much worse," I smiled.

"I'm not even sure I'd like to know what that means," Andrew said with slight disconcertion.

This time, it was my turn to get things out in the open. However, that plan was shut down before it even began.

"Blake?"

"Oh, hold on Andrew, I gotta go, I'm at lunch with some of my friends. It was great to talk to you though."

"Not a problem, but make sure you take care of yourself darling, we don't want you to wind up drunk in the middle of New York again. Not everyone here is an attractive British actor with good manners."

I snorted, "You're proof of that." I heard protests of indignation coming from his side. "Just joking Andrew and thank you again. We'll talk soon, take care."

I turned around and Florence was watching me with wide eyes. "Who was that??"

I shuffled my feet and avoided the question at all costs. "Let's eat!"