exile

So, maybe I shouldn't have said 'Jesus Christ on a stick', but can I really be blamed when a firetruck-volume screech came out of my best friend? I removed the covers from my face and slowly faced Lyric again.

"I said it, I heard it after I said it and I would say it again."

She gave me a questioning face, but I suppose decided to not even touch that conversation.

"Just... what the hell?"

I looked down again. The mattress behind me shifted and suddenly Lyric was next to me on the floor.

"C'mon, Blake. Talk to me."

"There's just so much going on in my life and in my head and you know that and I just needed to get out and it was like when we were at the club, but I wasn't too far gone yet and then Scarlett calmed me down and I told her about the scars and about Andy and she was really good about it and grounded me and she's the only other person I've told except you and that really freaked me out, but she made me feel like I wasn't crazy and I don't know, then she kissed me and then I kissed her back and it was really nice and then Florence came over and her face, she looked so hurt and Lyric I swear I never meant to hurt h-"

Lyric put her hand over my mouth.

"Breathe, dumbass. Otherwise, you'll never live long enough to apologize to Florence and that needs to happen."

I nodded, then licked her hand. Said hand was promptly wiped back onto my face. I grimaced even though it was my own doing.

"Now. What did you and Scarlett talk about when you guys came back here?"

I shrugged, "Nothing much honestly, she was just comforting me-" Lyric gave me a look. "WITH HER WORDS. My god, you really know how to interpret things wrong."

Lyric gave me a full deadpan. "You two were eating face, it's not too hard to make that assumption."

I didn't really have anything to say back, so I just moved on. "We were just talking and then you came back and then I split my lip back open and now we're here."

She sighed and I turned to her.

"I would never intentionally hurt someone, you know that. You also know how much I like Florence. Scarlett and I... it was just a spur of the moment thing. I don't think it will happen again, but I'm also going to do my best not to let it get that far. I'm sorry that I disappointed you."

There was a sudden stinging pain on the back of my head and I winced, frowning at the blonde menace next to me.

"You didn't disappoint me, it's just- after all this time, you still want to fuck around and find out."

I rolled my eyes and shoved her, curled up and cackling.

"Asshole."

"Bitch."

"Fuckwad."

"Shitstick."

"DICKHEAD!"

"PUSSY!"

I gasped dramatically and put a hand to my chest. "Too far!"

Lyric nodded grimly, "Too far."

I grinned and wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she sat up.

"I love you, Ricky."

"I love you, too, Monty. You gotta call Florence, though."

"I know. I don't even know what I would say. It's not like we were together, but there were moments, you know? It's just confusing."

Lyric started laughing. "You're just completely oblivious to when someone likes you. For someone who claims to be an empath and able to read body language really well, you're complete shit at it."

"YoUre cOmPLeTe SHiT At iT. Shut the fuck up. Leave me alone to despair."

Lyric threw a pillow at me, but got up to get ready for bed. I sighed and leaned my head back against the mattress, closing my eyes and breathing deeply. There was no easy way to get the conversation started, so I just grabbed my phone.

"Hey, Florence. I know it's late, but do you think we can talk?"

A/N: and how we feeling today? we doing good?

I know it's short, I have not caught a break. I wasn't supposed to be working this weekend, but I did so I didn't have as much time as I should've. I only just got off, maybe I can get some out this week. gotta move this weekend again I think, so I won't be able to get anything out until either after, or if I get a chance to in the next couple days.