The Spins

A massive headache is what woke Blake up. She groaned, putting her hands on her face, before flinching away. She forgot about the face-plant. Of course. All Blake felt was mortified and embarrassed. Her best friend saw her naked for the first time and she split her face open. The only thing that made the situation worse was that the two were set to meet celebrities today. In public. And get pictures taken. With celebrities. In public.

Blake shook her head and kicked the sheets off the bed, deciding to stop the pity party and wake up everyone in the hotel with some Mac Miller. Because why wouldn't you? It's Mac.

However, Blake misjudged just how loud her speaker would sound in a smaller, enclosed space, such as a hotel room. The effect of "The Spins" suddenly forcing itself through every crevice and opening in the room, as well as Lyric's unsuspecting figure, still asleep on the couch, was near immediate.

Lyric fell off the couch.

Then they both heard banging on the walls.

Blake scrambled to turn down the song and shrank into herself, hiding under the comforter on the bed. She couldn't help herself though, and started quietly singing along. She didn't know it, but she was also dancing slightly and Lyric cracked up, despite being woken up in such a horribly terrifying way.

"You really are trying to get us kicked out, aren't you?" Lyric joked, poking the balled up form and grinning victorious when she heard a squeak.

"I didn't mean to, I didn't know it was gonna be that loud..." Blake trailed off as she peeked one eye from under her protective layer.

Lyric started laughing again. "Come on, we have to get ready and we should leave before the management gets called on us."

Blake begrudgingly agreed and slunk to the bathroom to get dressed. She didn't take very long to get ready, only needing about five or so minutes. No one ever believed her when she said it, but she honestly just threw outfits together, not looking at the pairing before it was on her body. Somehow, without fail, the damn outfit matched.

This time, she was wearing black, ripped skinny jeans, paired with a red button-up. Over her shirt, she had on a black varsity jacket. She slid some aviators onto the top of her shirt, waiting to put them on until they were outside. Then, very carefully, she put on some Off-White high tops. Her pride and joy. It took her months to save up enough money to get them, the cost being over $2,000. Blake never regretted the purchase though, and always made sure that the shoes were well taken care of after she took them off for the day.

As soon as Blake left the bathroom, Lyric slid in and started her 45 minute process. Blake just got on her phone and played a couple games to pass the time. When Lyric finally waltzed out, the two headed to the door, grabbing the random odds and ends they would need for the day. Blake grabbed her wallet, gum and keys, sticking the keychain in her pocket and letting the lanyard stay out. Lyric grabbed pretty much everything she had brought, except maybe her suitcase.

Lyric sprayed herself with her perfume, tossed the bottle back on the couch and walked out the door.

Blake took a deep breath, held it and exhaled. She sprayed her cologne, set it on the bedside table, and stepped out of the room, locking the door behind them.

They were on their way.