Achilles Come Down

Scarlett very wisely decided to run away from the situation at hand while she still could. I kind of wished she had taken me with her, but I knew this conversation needed to happen. Lyric barely gave any acknowledgment to Scarlett when she rushed by, only stepping aside to allow her through the open door.

I was looking everywhere except for the fiery blonde at that moment. I saw her expression for a split second before immediately avoiding eye contact. My eyes settled on the floor, picking out patterns and loose threads. I actually lost myself in the task and didn't see Lyric coming to stand in front of me, so I flinched when her fingers touched my face.

"Blake. I know you don't want to do this, but it's got to be done. What the actual fuck was all that? First, you're saving Florence from a shit driver, and then you're making out with Scarlett FUCKING JOHANSSON. Explain right now, or I swear to god-"

"I didn't exactly mean for any of this to happen, Ricky. I swear I had no intention whatsoever to hurt anyone."

Our voices got louder and I was about to spew some rambling explanation when I felt a massive spike of pain in my lip and something warm coming down my chin.

"Shit, it opened up. Come to the bathroom and let's get it cleaned up. But after, you owe me an explanation!"

I just nodded numbly and followed my best friend. She motioned for me to sit down on the toilet seat cover, so I did. Lyric rummaged through the cabinets and drawers, finally coming up with a satisfactory solution. She knelt down in front of me and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ricky," I whispered.

She just shook her head and shushed me. "If you talk right now, it's going to hurt a lot worse."

"Maybe I deserve it."

Lyric grunted in slight agreement before looking me right in the eyes.

"Maybe so, but I'm not going to let you be in pain if I can do something about it. Now, just shut up and let me do this."

I gave in and nodded. I observed her face as she cleaned the cut. She seemed very tired and I immediately felt guilty. This was supposed to be a trip for us and instead, I unintentionally made it all about me. However unintentional it was, there were major consequences that would follow us home and maybe even follow Scarlett and Florence.

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

"You're telling me."

"Oh fuck, did I say that out loud? God, Lyric, I'm so sor-"

I got a light slap to the shoulder.

"What did I tell you about talking while I'm trying to do this? If you don't stop, it'll fully reopen and you'll look like you fulfilled every single New York stereotype."

My mouth shut again.

"That's what I thought. I'm almost done, just try not to smile for the next... week?"

I huffed and risked Lyric's wrath one last time. "Won't be too hard."

She snorted, giving me a death glare. It was an interesting combination, but it worked. I rolled my eyes and slumped again.

It was another ten minutes before I could finally relax back onto my bed. It would be another hour before I got to actually relax. I had just closed my eyes and Lyric jumped on my back, not sparing any of her 100 pounds of pure annoyance.

I grunted and my eyes flew open. This felt very familiar.

"Spill, fuckwad."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, but ultimately flipped onto my back and ran my hands over my face.

"First, can I just say, your nicknames are getting better, but that one you got from me. Second, I literally cannot explain anything that's happened in the last... roughly 48 hours. The only thing I can give you is that I pulled Florence out of the way of a reckless driver and accidentally put myself in danger. And then Scarlett made out with me because she said she thought we could both use a pick-me-up after I told her the story about my scars. And then Florence found us while we were still kissing. And now we're here."

I peeked through my fingers to see Lyric mimicking a fish. I think she needed to process.

5...4...3...2...1...

"BITCH WHAT?!"

There we go.

"I... honestly that's the best I got for you."

We sat in silence for another moment.

"BITCH. WHAT?!"

I sighed. "Let it out."

Immediate regret followed that statement. Lyric let out the loudest, shrillest shriek I have ever heard in my entire life. And I once witnessed cheerleaders getting ice shoved down their outfits.

My eyes shot wide open and I fell off the bed again. This time, I took sanctuary by shoving my head under it and holding my ears.

Mother of god.

"STOPPPPPP PLEASE JESUS CHRIST ON A STICK- oh fuck, that's too accurate, I probably shouldn't say that- RICKY STOP."

Lyric stopped, or I think she did. My ears were ringing so bad, any longer and they probably would've started bleeding. I genuinely believe that.

"Did you just say Jesus Christ on a stick...?"

A/N: wtf is going on with wattpad rn, or is this just on my dumbass phone? anyways, happy holidays to everyone, hope yall had a good one :)