𝚜𝚌𝟸𝟾: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚢

"𝑯𝑶𝑾 𝑫𝑰𝑫 𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑨 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑻?" Nini asked as she snuggled up under Ricky's arm in the backseat of the SUV she had traveled to the venue in- Ricky had let one of his bodyguards take his car back to the 2% house so he could go home wit...

"𝑯𝑶𝑾 𝑫𝑰𝑫 𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑨 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 𝑰𝑻?" Nini asked as she snuggled up under Ricky's arm in the backseat of the SUV she had traveled to the venue in- Ricky had let one of his bodyguards take his car back to the 2% house so he could go home with her.

Nini started to roll up the partition as he tucked his phone in his back pocket and said, "She was pretty understanding about it, honestly. She said she always knew that at some point the band would break up. Eventually we'd all go do our own things. That it was only a matter of time."

"So she's not mad?"

"Nah. I think maybe she would've been more upset about me not telling her before when she wasn't sick. Her health not being at its best is really putting a lot into perspective for her..." He turned to look at the passing buildings out the window before saying, "Honestly she doesn't have much to worry about it terms of me leaving the group. It's not gonna be any time soon. The timing just... never feels right anyway." He shrugged.

Nini moved her head to look at the boy, "Hey... Are you okay?"

"Hmm?" He asked as he finally pried his eyes away from the window. "Yeah, of course." He smiled before kissing her head.

Nini pouted. "Ricky, seriously. Are you okay?"

He laughed. "Yes love I promise! Life's just been a little crazy recently, but I'm okay." Nini's cheeks turned a little pink at the pet name, and suddenly she was snuggling closer to the boy.

"I just... I know Gina being in the hospital was really scary for you."

"Yeah it was. I'm trying not to worry about it too much, because the more I do the more I realize that she could be right about... her dying. The idea of that is just too much for me."

Nini kissed his cheek. "Then let's not think about it! Let's play a game."

He chuckled. "What kinda game?"

"A game where you give me all the hugs and kisses you owe me, Bowen." She smirked, grabbing his face between her hands and kissing him lightly.

"Mmm. I like this game." He said in between kisses- he would talk to her about the whole EJ thing once they got to her house and were completely alone. Ruining this moment was something he definitely didn't want to do.

They continued to share kisses, and Ricky pulled her frame closer to her in the back seat of the van until they finally got to her house and were able to crawl out.

"Thank you!" They shouted to the driver as they left and walked on to the front step. Nini fiddled with her keys and finally opened her door, letting them into her house.

"I haven't been here in forever." Ricky announced as he walked in and settled down in her couch, motioning with his hand for her to come and sit on his lap.