16 | The Wallace Brothers Love the Same Girl

[-MATTEO POV-]

Sunday

I watch as Imani shifted in the bed. Her eyes fluttering as they open ever so slightly. She slowly moves to sit up in the bed, her hand bawling up as she rubbed it against her eye. "Matteo?" She questions and I scoot my chair closer to the bed. I could almost cry. I'm happy she's awake now.

"How long was I sleeping for?" She asks.

"13 hours," I answer, and her eyes widen. "13 hours?" She repeats and I nod, a small yawn escaping my lips. "What time is it?" she asks.

"11pm."

She rest the palm of her hand on the top of her head, her eyebrows pinched together. "Why am I in my sleep clothes? I remember plummeting down a mountain when I was awake." She states calmly.

"I had my mom and Sarah change you out of those coats. They were covered in snow." She nods slowly to my answer.

"Where's Sam?" I feel a sharp pain in my chest at the question, but I answer her, nonetheless.

"In his room. He hasn't left it since we came back with you." She groans and places her face in the palm of her hands and I worry she's in pain. "Are you ok? Do you need me to get my uncle?" I ask in panic.

She quickly looks up, shaking her head. "No, no, I'm fine. It's just...your brother...he feels guilty for bringing me up there?" I nod and she looks down at her hands, a small giggle comes from her mouth. "I can't wait to tell my class about this." She says, pointing at the fresh stitches on her arm.

I muster up a small smile. I wish I could find enough energy to give her a full one, but I was drained. It's only been two days and I already feel like I'm losing my mind in here.

I watch as she removes the covers from her body and tries to sit up. I quickly stand and gently rest my hands on her shoulders. "No, you got to get some rest." I tell her and she places her hands on mine.

"How much more rest do I need?" She questions, an eyebrow raised, her head tilting to the side a bit, wearing an amused smile.

"Plus, I need to talk to Sam. I want him to know it's not his fault and that I'm fine." She tells me but I still don't want her getting up and moving around just yet.

"Okay, can we talk first? After that, you go to sleep, and you can talk to Sam first thing in the morning." I offer her and she thinks about it.

"Sure." She lays back down against the warm bed and I take my seat beside her.

"I need to talk to you about Cathryn." She immediately frowns and opens her mouth, probably to protest but I speak before she gets a chance. "Please, shut up and listen," She looks like she wants to speak up again, but I try my hardest to plead with my eyes.