24 | Feeling Unwanted

[-IMANI POV-]

We entered the quiet home, so quiet you could hear the wild animals running around in my stomach as soon as I step foot inside

We entered the quiet home, so quiet you could hear the wild animals running around in my stomach as soon as I step foot inside. Corinna moved to the ugly brown sofa and dropped her belongings there, sighing out loud. "God I'm tired. That flight from LA took all of my energy," She comments, moving around towards the kitchen and James follows her.

Ash places her duffel bags on the hoarded dining table across the room. She pushed aside some of the old newspapers and untouched magazines, setting her bags on top and going through one of them in search of something. James exits the kitchen and walks up to Matteo, a thing of grapes in one hand. "You wanna see Ani's old room and baby photos?" He questions with a mischievous grin, popping a grape into his mouth. 

Matteo's eyes light up with mischief, his answer flying out his mouth faster than the speed of light. "Lead the way,"

"James, stop." I whine, but he ignores me as he grabs Matteo and pulls him out of sight down the hallway. Corinna finally exits the kitchen, a cold soda in hand.

"Where's everyone?" I finally ask. I'm not sure I want to hear the answer. I'm afraid to see them, I haven't mentally prepared myself yet.

"Gwen and Kayla are sleeping I'm pretty sure, dad is flying in tomorrow with Megan and Steven, and Ian...Ian is upstairs." She says, her tone shifting towards the end. I nod slowly, taking in that information. I should probably go talk to Ian.

The last time I spoke to him, we had gotten into a fight. A major one. It was two years after I had moved out and was trying to settle down in an unfamiliar area. He had called because he needed money for mom. She was in the hospital for self-harm, and he needed money to pay for the hospital bill. He bitched and complained about how much me moving out was bad for the family and how mom was cutting herself because of me. It was an ugly fight that ended in me blocking him from everything, removing him from my life permanently.

We hadn't spoken since. I would've liked to have kept it that way but unfortunately here I am.

"I should go see him," I say, but I don't move from my spot. My legs won't allow me to. They're glued to the ground, stuck.

Corinna sees this, that I don't really want to. That I don't have it in me to talk to him. "You don't have to right now if you don't want to," I don't want to, I never want to. But I don't really have a choice at the moment. I would prefer being in the comfort of my own home right now, snuggled up in my warm comforters, watching the entirety of The Walking Dead for the 5th time but God literally hates me.

"I know," I tell her, making my way down the hallway, passed the several rooms, entering the main room at the end of the hall. The old wooden door creaks as I tried to gently push it open. I wasn't trying to draw any attention to myself but that was clearly not gonna happen.