27 | The Park

27 | The Park

[-IMANI POV-]

Matteo drove the car through the large neighborhood while I looked out the window searching for Corinna

Matteo drove the car through the large neighborhood while I looked out the window searching for Corinna. It wasn't like her to be the one to run away back when we were younger, that was always Ian, Kayla, or me. Matter a fact, I've never even witness Corinna lash out on anyone. When we were younger, she was always struggling alongside with me to keep the peace in our fucked-up family.

Stopping fights, helping out with mom related things, cooking meals for the family. She was never the type to get upset really or run away and definitely not slap someone. She hit Ash hard as shit too.

"Any signs of her?" Matteo asks and I keep silent as I continued to search. It didn't help that it had now gotten extremely dark, and I wasn't blessed with having the best eyesight.

"Fuck, Ion see her anywhere." I stress, slumping in the passenger seat fighting the urge to bounce my knee in nervousness.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine. We're gonna find her." Matteo tries to calm me, and I really appreciate it, but it doesn't stop my panic. "Did she used to have a spot where she would go and...I don't know, hide or run off too?" He asks and I shake my head. Not really no, but y'know one place no ones looked? "Hey, there's this park nearby that we can check. It's unlikely she's there but...it's worth a shot, right?" Matteo follows order and turns the car around in the direction of the park and when we arrive, I'm hit with a wave of nostalgia.

This place used to look so much cooler when I was younger, looking back at the place...it's really just trashed. The bottom of the slides here were covered in this kind of mold and who knows what else, there were a few bars missing from the monkey bars, and the 2 swings, well 1 now- other one had fallen apart- were rusty and old and made this weird creaking noise as Corinna sadly swung on it.

"Corinna, you had me worried fucking sick. This where you ran off too?" I say as I approach her, my hands resting on my hips, leaning forward to catch my breath a bit, I wasn't even running, I need to get back in the gym.

She's silent as she holds on to the swing, her expression unreadable. "Rinna, lets go home." I speak gently but she's still silent. I turn around and squint my eyes in the direction the car lights came from. I waved at Matteo in the car to turn them off and he does. I figured I was going to be here a while if Corinna didn't feel like talking.

I sit on the sand besides her, dusting my hands right after. I stare up ahead, following in Corinna's trail of sight, my eyes connecting to the many trees ahead of us. I don't remember all this forest being here...it's been a long ass time since I've seen these woods.

It's quiet outside if you don't take into account the traffic. Corinna is silent too; she doesn't even look my way once. Was she angry? Resentful? Regretful? Who knew, I didn't, she wasn't giving me anything to work with.