Chapter 8

(Con's POV three days after the bracelet was found)

Dam and I have been working on all of our missed homework. I feel like I had just got home from the hospital when I first moved in here. I am so glad I have a smart best friend. It has been a couple day since they found Cassie's bracelet. I am getting worried that Hannah isn't going to tell them where Cassie is. Detective Wright assures us  that they are getting close. They have some leads after talking to her but nothing that would lead them to my sister.

I hate not knowing where she is. I hate not knowing if she is okay or not. I hate wondering if when this is over will my baby girl ever be the same. I hate the wait. I hate all the sadness. I want it all to stop. I want to get on with my life and help raise Cassie to be a strong and beautiful woman. Man I miss her.

"Detective Wright just called they may have found them. They are doing a stake out and will keep us posted." Noel said coming into our room.

"How long are they going to make us wait?" Dam asked closing his book. He knew I wouldn't be able to do anything until we knew for sure if they found her.

"I am hoping that they get a positive ID on Cameron or even see Cassie. I want them to be positive they have them." Noel said looking just as tired as I felt.

"What can we do?" I asked knowing the answer already.

"Wait." He said making me frown. 

"Well it's what nine already so with it being so late I am sure there isn't much they will find out tonight." Dam said making me shot daggers at him.

"He's right, but it is the best time for the team to get a closer look and they won't want to do anything until morning." Noel said making sense. I didn't like it in fact I hated it but I knew they were right.

"Well, I think I am going to go clean Cassie's room and get it ready for her. Then I am going to take a long hot bath." I said hoping the bath would relax me.

"You have cleaned her room everyday. You even have a bag packed to take with when they find her." Dam said smiling at me.

"I know she is going to want her doll and we don't know what her clothes are going to look like." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I know boo, why don't you just go take your bath and if you still want to clean her room you can." Dam said frowning at me. I wanted him to join me I wanted him to hold me. I truly liked the shower he forced me to take with him a couple days ago and if I didn't mind being nasty I would have waited for him to do it again.

"Okay'" I said with a sigh.

I found my pajama's that could pass for regular clothes and a t-shirt. I set out my clothes in case the phone call came in the middle of the night. I do this every night and have Dam doing the same. He said he was surprised I didn't sleep with my shoes on. I honestly would if he let me. When I had my clothes I went into the bathroom and ran my water. I made sure it was hot so hot I would hiss when getting but not so hot it would hurt me. This was my way of cleansing myself. I heard music playing in the bedroom. This was something Dam did for me. He would put classical music on his Ipod and play it when ever I took a bath. He knew it helped to relax me even though I am not a big fan of classical music. 

"Boo, I am heading down stairs unless you need anything." He yelled through the door. I did I needed him. 

"I'm good for now but if you want you could bring us up something to drink and maybe a snack." I said turning the water off. I was as red as a lobster but relaxed.

"Okay" He yelled back before leaving.

I laid back and closed my eyes. When I sleep I have nightmares of different things happening to Cassie unless I am in Dam's arms so I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep. I was just going to allow the water to relax me.