Chapter 8

MIA

I exited the room after I was sure that my face had calmed down a bit, and I was no longer as red as a tomato.

The girl from earlier was Lorenzo's sister.

I couldn't explain the relief that washed through me as the words exited Lily's mouth, a weight feeling as if it had been lifted from my chest, allowing me to breathe again.

However, I was ashamed. The way Lily looked at me when I asked her if Lorenzo had a girlfriend didn't go unnoticed by me.

Why would I ask that sort of question unless I was interested in the Alpha? She was probably telling him all about it and I was sure they wouldn't be able to hold back their laughter.

Someone like me- having a crush on Lorenzo? It was hilarious.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as I made my way into the kitchen, noticing how Lorenzo's eyes quickly met mine. A small smirk lurked at the corner of his lips, but he swallowed, replacing it with a small smile.

"Did you have a good chat?" he asked, causing me to widen my eyes, feeling nauseous all of a sudden.

Oh God.

Lily stepped forward, offering me a quick smile. "Lorenzo understands that girls need each other to talk out girl problems sometimes. I mean, we're obviously the only ones who can understand with our damn hormones and all."

I watched as Lily chuckled, glaring at Lorenzo, who joined in suddenly, nodding.

"Whatever you spoke about. I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to tell Lily, amore mio," spoke Lorenzo.

So she didn't tell him?

"Lorenzo! Did I forget my bag in here earlier?"

I gasped at the loud voice, and Lorenzo growled to himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. He moved closer to me so that he could push me behind him, obviously noticing my anxious form.

Suddenly, the kitchen door swung open, and Martina strolled in, her heeled boots clipping against the polished tile flooring.

"Oh, sorry guys, I'm just here to get my bag," she said, her vision settling on her black crossover that was perched on one of the seats, but her voice trailed off once her eyes landed on me. Raising a thin eyebrow, she crossed her arms over her chest, cocking her head. "Well, who do we have here?"

"Leave it, Martina," growled Lorenzo, his body vibrating slightly in front of me, causing me to panic as I peered around his body. I made eye contact with the woman who was observing me, gulping.

"Oh, come on, Lorenzo," laughed his sister as she took a few steps forwards. "Am I not even allowed to introduce myself to the new pack members? I assume she's new? I've never seen her before."

Lorenzo sighed, turning to me, shaking his head. "Yes, she's new."

I swallowed, stepping forwards a few steps, smiling at Martina. "Hello, I'm Mia."

"Cute," she laughed. "I'm Martina, Lorenzo's sister. Although you wouldn't actually know that because he's always way too busy to actually spend time with me."