Chapter 64

MIA

Lorenzo pressed his lips to the back of my head as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We both gazed up at the large hall that had been covered in posters regarding the upcoming trial. Many different men and women surrounded the front door with cameras, attempting to peek into the windows to take a few shots of the people inside.

Lorenzo, Lily, Martina and I had just hopped out of the car, but it appeared that nobody had noticed us yet, which I was thankful for. There was a long line of witches who nosily scrambled up the path, craning their necks to get a good look at the movements inside of the hall.

"They could have told us to come around the back," Martina muttered, rolling her eyes and looking pissed, a few witches turning to us, their eyes widening.

It was obvious that we were wolves, our size giving that away, although I was probably the most human looking of the group, my body still in the process of healing from having my mark ripped from my neck.

Lorenzo nodded at one of the guards that stood by the door, and he ushered everyone out of the way as we made our way up to it, quickly entering. Lorenzo had told me about how trials were an exciting thing for witches, and it appeared that the media wanted to cover it as best as they could, everyone fighting to get the best pictures.

The men had snapped a few photographs of us, but the guard cursed at them, letting them know that they would be removed from the premises if they continued to take photos of 'the wolves'.

Lorenzo shieled me from everyone, his large frame blocking me from their view, the guard stepping in after us and apologising, shaking his head and tutting.

Checking that I was okay, Lorenzo ran his hands up and down my arms, offering me a small smile.

"Is Heidi here?" Lorenzo questioned, and the guard nodded, gesturing for us to step further into the hall. My eyes widened once I noticed the amount of chairs that had been set up, a large stage having been built at the back with wooden podiums and stands.

I gulped as I imagined myself standing up in front of everyone, but I knew I would have Lorenzo by my side, and we were going to get justice.

"She and the other board members are just right through here," the guard told us, leading us down towards a large wooden door, chattering and mumbling heard behind it. The guard knocked and the door opened slightly, but not enough to see anything.

Heidi poked her head out and offered us a smile, sliding out of the room and shutting the door quickly behind us.

"Alpha Lorenzo, it's good to see you again," she said, nodding at him and taking a good look at me, offering me a smile.

"This is my mate, Mia," Lorenzo told her, placing his hand on my lower back, and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I forced my voice out strongly, wanting to sound confident. I wasn't going to allow it to waver in front of her. I refused to be a victim.

"Thomas should be around here somewhere," Heidi said, peering around the corner and furrowing her brows. "He wants to brief you on what's going to be happening."

Lorenzo had never met Thomas, only spoken to him on the phone, but he had told me that he was a straight-to-the-point type of man. He said things as they were and never beat around the bush. I wasn't looking forward to meeting him.