Chapter 13

MIA

I stared at Lorenzo, my brown eyes wide, my lips parted slightly as I furrowed my brows, inhaling deeply.

The thought had popped into my head multiple times, but I had dismissed it, convincing myself that I was imagining feelings that definitely weren't there from Lorenzo's end.

However, Lily had hinted that my suspicions were correct, which only made me feel worse about the situation, unsure if we were actually on the same page or not.

"Did you hear me, Mia?" said Lorenzo, his raspy voice breaking the deafening silence sweeping throughout the room.

I nodded slowly, swallowing harshly as I attempted to avoid eye contact, but I couldn't help but gaze into Lorenzo's glowing hazel eyes. I was finding myself getting lost in them, and it was calming my nerves.

"Are you sure?" I muttered, which caused him to chuckle, a small smile creeping up at the corner of his lips.

"Of course I'm sure," replied Lorenzo, cupping my cheeks, stroking them softly. "I've never felt this before."

I sighed in relief, offering him a small smile. "Are you happy about it?"

"Over the moon," he said, grinning, planting a loving kiss on the top of my head. He massaged the back of my neck, causing my body to break out in pleasurable goosebumps.

"You've shown me more kindness than I've ever known," I spoke softly, looking up at my mate, my eyes tracing down to his muscly chest and chiselled abs.

I didn't understand how I was so lucky to be graced with a mate as beautiful as Lorenzo.

Did I actually deserve him?

"And I will continue to treat you the way you were meant to be, Mia."

"Thank you," I replied, sighing as Lorenzo gazed down at me, gently hooking his finger under my chin. He inched his face closer to mine, waiting, giving me time to pull back if I wanted to.

However, I didn't, and he softly pressed his lips to mine, kissing me gently, growling lowly in his chest as my hands made their way up his chest. They traced his pectoral muscles, settling around his neck.

After a few more seconds, the kiss became heavier and pleasure wracked my body, frightening me slightly, but it felt too good to stop.

Gently pressing me down onto the bed, Lorenzo hovered over me, trailing a few light kisses down my jawline. It caused me to let out a raspy moan, embarrassment washing over me at the sound.

"We should stop," muttered Lorenzo, his voice much huskier than usual as he pushed himself up off of me. "My wolf is already going crazy and if you make another sound like that then he might take over."

My cheeks were bright red, and I prayed that Lorenzo wouldn't be able to see due to the dingy yellow tinged lamp being the only source of light in the room.

I pushed myself upwards, fiddling with my fingers in my hands, gazing up at my handsome mate who was studying me intently.

"How do you feel?" he questioned, his brows raised slightly, worry evident on his face for a few seconds as he awaited my response.