Chapter 2

-Kit's POV-

"Kit sweetie, wake up okay?" My mum says as she genitally nudges my shoulder. I groan in response. "I know, but you don't want to be late your first day, do you?" She asks. I shrug. "Well, you're not going to be, time to get up, love." She says before walking out of my room, softly shutting the door behind her.

I sigh as I roll over to get out of bed. I end up rolling over too far, landing on my floor with a loud thump. I sigh as I  get up, rubbing my head that smacked off the floor. I walk into my bathroom slowly as I turn the shower on.

When I get in the shower, the cold water wakes me up, as it always does. I quickly wash up before getting out, wrapping a towel around me. I go over to my closet and pick out some black skinny jeans and my American Idiot shirt. I quickly get dressed before going back to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. My hair is easy as always to do, since it falls not too par past my shoulders I just have to throw a straightener through it quickly. "You again." I say in an evil tone as I pick my liquid eyeliner up. I do the eyeliner perfectly, a nice thin line, ending in a perfect wing. But, when it was time to do the other eye, it didn't take me too long to mess up. The line is thicker and the wing goes up higher.

I look down at my phone to see that I don't have enough time to battle with my eyeliner today, so I just wipe off both of the wings, and even out the eyeliner, giving me two thick lines on my top lid. "I don't mind this." I say to myself as I do a half smile at my reflection. Noticing that the black over my eye, makes my light eyes pop. I quickly apply my mascara as I run down stairs to sit at the table with my mum and my dad. 

I'm an only child, so life can get pretty boring. But, when it's all you've ever known, it's really not all that bad. Lonely from time to time, yes, but it also means I get spoiled times however many other kids they would have had. The single child life really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. "Are you excited for your first day?" My dad asks with a warm smile after taking a sip of his coffee.

I shrug. "Not really." I reply. 

"Why not, sweetie?" Mu mum asks with a slight frown. "You always manage to make friends."

"Not good ones." I reply. "Plus, by the time I actually let them grow on me, we always move again."

"Yeah, bu this is the last move for at least-"

"Three years. I know." I cut my dad off with. But feel a little guilty right away. We only move a lot because of his job, so we can have a comfortable lifestyle. 

My mom sighs. "I didn't assume you were hungry this morning." 

I shake my head. I'm not much of a morning eater, I never have been. "I should get going." I say as I but my shoes on and walk out, grabbing my car keys and a granola bar on my way. "See you guys after." I say before walking out the door, before they get a chance to reply to me. I unlock my car and sit down in the drivers seat with a sigh, my heart pounding. I always got over nervous on my first day in a new school. 

I pull out of our drive way and make my way to the school, which isn't too far away from my house. Too far to be a comfortable walk, but close enough that I could if I really wanted to. But, knowing me, I can guarantee you that I'll never want to walk. Soon enough I pull up to the student parking lot at my school. It very crowded, but still not as bad as I was expecting. Before too long, I find a spot to park. I slowly get out of my car and lock it nervously. I then place my keys in the front pouch of my book bag. 

My heart rate starts escalating more and more as I start approaching the school. I walk in what I assume to be the side door. I can't help but gasp as I walk in. This is easily the largest school I've ever been in. There is people everywhere. "Jesus Christ." I say to myself as I start to trudge through all of the people, trying to find my way to the office. I make my way down the long hall, peeking my heat at every turn in hopes of finding the office.