Chapter 23

-LUKE'S POV-

I put my pillow over my face as I wake up. Michael was nice enough to decide that it was time for me to wake up, so he opened all of the curtains and he flicked all of the lights on, which feels worse than looking straight into the sun on the hottest day of the year. "Come on, dickhead! It's time to wake up, I'm hungry! We're meeting Kit, Harper, Calum and Ashton downstairs for brunch."
"When is that?" I ask as I sit up, my head is pounding. I slowly get up out of bed and take a couple pills so it won't feel like everyone is yelling at me. "And does Harper have to be there?"
"Do you really think Kit is getting anywhere without her this trip?" Michael asks. "And we're meeting them in a half an hour."
"I don't get why Kit like's Harper so much.. She's a bit of a stick in the mud, no offence to her but.." I mumble as I realize that my bed is wet. I smirk as the memory of jumping into the pool with Michael comes to mind. I ended up getting pissed off because I had to walk six floors with wet pants on, because even though I was completely wasted, I still wouldn't take the elevator.
"She is a total bore." Michael says with a sigh. "Talking to her is like watching paint dry. I don't understand how Kit is handling her one on one for so long."
"Kit seems to adore her." I say and shrug. "I don't think she's too much more than a fun sponge." I start making my way to the bathroom but get sidetracked because I step on my still wet sweat pants. "No wonder she sat alone everyday until Kit started talking to her." I laugh a little at myself as I go into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I quickly clean myself up before getting out of the shower, just to realize that there is no towels in here. "Michael!" I call out from being the bathroom door.
"What?" He yells back.
"Where the hell are the towels?" I ask.
"I don't know. We'll have to tell the people at the service desk that we don't have any." He says. "I had to walk out here with no clothes on because you were asleep and couldn't give my shit to me."
"Can you bring my shit to me?" I ask. "Just give me an outfit." I tell him. He really can't mess that up, pretty much all of my clothes are black anyways. "What?" I ask as I hear laughing coming from outside the bathroom.
"These are the worst underwear I've ever seen in my life!" He says. "They're ninja turtles!" He says as he keeps laughing at me.
"I know, hilarious." I say dully. "Can you please just give me my fucking clothes?"
"You don't have to abuse them out of me." He says with a small laugh before opening the door enough for him to stick his arm through and hand me my clothes.
"Thank you." I say before closing the door back up. I quickly get dressed and do my hair to the way I usually have it as I walk out of the bathroom. "I really hope that Harper doesn't end up joining our group." I say with a sigh.
"You sound jealous of the bitch." Michael says and lets a small laugh out. "Wait- you're jealous of her, aren't you?"
"No. I just don't like her." I say.
"Because she take's up some of Kit's time that used to go to you." He says.
"Anyways." I say as I realize that he's right. "Shouldn't we go to brunch now?" I ask, changing the topic.
"Yeah, Ashton and Calum will shoot us if we leave them alone with Harper." He says and laughs as he gets up off his bed and makes his way out the door. He stops at the elevator and sighs as I keep walking. "This is ridiculous." He says. "You're coming in the elevator with me. You always bitch about the stairs."
"I bitch about the elevator even more." I say as I walk back over to him. "I'm not going in there." I say.
"Yes you are!" He says. "You just have to see that it's not so bad!" He says as the elevator door opens. I just shake my head no. He sighs as he wraps his arms around me and drags me into the elevator.
"Please don't." I say, panicked.
"It's not so bad." He says before pressing the button that makes the door close. When the door is closed, he let's go of me.
"Jesus Christ, it's so small in here." I say as I start to feel dizzy and shaky. Before I fall, I decide that it would be best for me to just sit down, so I do and I look down at the floor. "Why isn't it stopping!?" I ask as my breathing starts to get as fast as my heartbeat.
"Oh my god." He says as he comes and sits next to me. "I'm so sorry. It's almost over. We're on the third floor, we just need to get down to the main floor." He tells me. I know he feels bad. "You'll be okay." He says.
I just nod in reply as I wait for what seems like an eternity for the elevator to open. But, eventually it does. Michael gets up and helps me up as I pretty much run out of the elevator. "Are you okay?" He asks, catching up with me.
"Please don't do that again." I say. "I know that there is just about nothing to be scared of, but I am, okay? I'm scared about a lot of things that I probably shouldn't be scared of, like cars that are going too fast, or being in the middle of a huge crowd, or hearing five conversations going on at once, or elevators. I'm sorry, but I just can't help it." I tell him. "So, please don't do that again."
"You have my word, bro." He says.
"Thank you." I say. "And yeah. I'm fine. Do you know where this stupid brunch is at? Who the hell even goes to brunch these days?"
"It's right by the gift shop." Michael says as I follow his direction. "And, you need to calm down before Harper hears that tone and starts crying." He jokes.
I just shake my head. "Yeah." I say as I keep on following him down the hall. Soon we're at the hotel's sketchy resturant, Kit, Harper, Ashton and Calum are sitting at a huge booth waiting for us, Kit is sitting beside Harper on one side and the other side is empty for me. I walk over and greet her with a little kiss as Michael decides that he wan't the seat between Ashton and Calum, making them move around.
"Why are you being so quiet, Hemmings?" Kit asks after a few moments silence.
"I don't know." I say and look down at the menu. Nothing here looks good. I sigh as I close the menu up and push it to the side.
"I think I traumatized him." Michael admits with a half smile.
"What the hell did you do to him, Mikey?" Kit asks.
"I drug him into an elevator." He mumbles.
"But, he's scared of elevators.." Kit says.
"And I was scared of swimming until my uncle threw me in the pool.." He says. "I thought it would be something like that."
"What about an elevator scares you?" Harper asks, looking past Kit and at me.
"Mainly dying." I say and shrug.
"If you were going to die in an elevator, it would be because it fell, with the adrenaline, you wouldn't feel it, then you'd break your neck and die. It'd be quick." She tells me.
That makes my stomach drop. "You know, mysteriously that doesn't help my phobia at all." I say in a sarcastic tone. "In fact, I'm no longer hungry.Plus, that's not the worst part of it for me."
"What is?" Harper asks.
"It getting stuck and them never knowing until I die that way."
"That's even less likely to happen." Kit says and puts and arm around me. "You're such a loud ass that they would hear you within the first three minutes."
"Not if it's soundproof.." Harper says.
"Who the hell soundproofs an elevator?" Ashton asks as he shoots her a look.
"Nobody in their right mind for that exact reason." Calum says and shakes his head at Harper.
"I was just joining the conversation." Harper says as the waiter walks over. She took everyone's order. I didn't end up getting anything.
"What are you doing later, Kit Kat?" I ask as I steal a hash-brown off of her plate.
"Well, Harper and I were going to go to an art museum, but Harper wanted to go see a violin show instead, but they only had one ticket, so she's going to that and I'm doing nothing." She tells me.
"That was really nice of her to do!" I say, not quite loud enough for her to hear, but everyone else does and laughs a little bit. "How would you feel about going on a date with your favourite boyfriend instead then?" I offer.
"That sounds amazing!" She says with a smile. "What did you have in mind?" She asks.
"Not sure, but I promise that it will be amazing. When is her show?" I ask, using the word show loosely.
"About two hours." Kit says.
"Okay, so meet me outside the hotel in about two hours." I say before getting up. "I have a date to plan, I'll talk to you losers later. I say before running off, but tripping over my feet, and end up falling over, causing everyone in the restaurant to look over at me. I just give an awkward smile before brushing myself off and continuing to run off and upstairs, barely noticing now terrible walking all those stairs were.
Kit and I have never had a proper date, so I want to make this one extra special for her. We have been on sort of dates, meaning I take her somewhere, or she takes me somewhere, just the two of us, but we never officially said that 'this is a date'. So, I'm really excited it hopefully give her the best first date possible.
Before long, I have the whole date planned, and Michael comes running in our room. "Dude, you're smooth as fuck!" He says.
"I can't help that my shoelace was untied and I tripped, okay?" I ask with a half smile before looking at the time, to see that I still have about an half an hour to blow before I can go meet Kit.
"Actually you could have, it's called tie your damn shoe, but that's not what I meant!" He says as me comes and sits beside me on my bed.
"Then what did you mean?" I ask as I go over my plan one more time to make sure there isn't anything that I should change. I think it's perfect, but I don't know what Kit will think and it's making me nervous.
"I meant the way you are with Kit." He says. "When you left, you were all she could talk about. She's totally fucking whipped!"
I can't help but smile at that. "Wow, Harper must of loved that." I say, sarcastically. "You know, I don't know why, but I think Harper doesn't like me so much."
"Oh she doesn't." Michael says and laughs. "She's told me exactly what she thinks of you." He tells me.
"What does she think of me?" I ask.
"You know," He says quickly. "It doesn't really matter." He pauses. "Plus, you don't like her either, so what's the difference?"
"Dude, just tell me." I say and laugh. "Whatever it is, I can guarantee that I've heard worse from people that I care a lot more about than her."
"I just don't see the need for you to know." He says and shrugs.
"Only certain people can hurt my feelings, that bitch isn't one of them, spill or no more xbox for the rest of the trip." I warn.
"Fine. I'll tell you." He says with a sigh. "She said that you were a low life that is only pretending to be changed to get into Kit's pants. She said that you use what you've been through to get people to feel bad for you and that you're overly dramatic. She also said that Kit deserves so much better and that she wishes that Kit would see that, but ultimately will be there for Kit when you get bored with her and make her your next victim of a crybaby teen like you." He says all in one breath.
"Holy shit, did you memorize it?" I ask and laugh what she said off, even though some of it stung a little. "And I knew it! I fucking knew it!"
"Knew what?" Michael asks.
"Harper so wants to sleep with Kit. I knew it!" I say. "She's fantasizing our breakup and how she can come save the day!"
"No she's not." Michael says. "She doesn't want to sleep with Kit."
"Yes she totally does! Do you see the way she looks at Kit? But can you blame her? That's not the point. She want's to steal my girl!"
"Even if that is true, Kit would never go for it!" He says, trying to reassure me.
"It's so true. And she may if she got her drunk enough one night." I say. "But, anyways, what did you say to Harper when she told you what she thought of me?"
"I told her that you're my friend and that she can't talk about my friends like that." He says. "I said that I barely know her and talking shit like that isn't the way to get on my good side. Then I put my headphones in because she was pissing me off."
"Thanks for that." I say and look down at the time. "I got to go. I'm supposed to meet Kit now, and I really don't want to be late. I want tonight to be perfect."
"You're just as whipped as she is." He says and laugh.
I jokingly give him the finger, as I run out the door and down the flights of stairs. I don't even take the time to register how terrible those stairs are. I look down at my phone to see that I'm five minutes late. Shit, I really hope that she's not out there waiting for me. I walk out of the main entrance, where I told her to wait for me. Thankfully she's not here yet. She probably will be any minute now, so I just need to play it off like I was exactly on time.
A few minutes passes, and still no sign of her. I really hope she's okay. I decide to text her, asking her where she is. She doesn't reply. She's probably still getting ready. She's only about ten minutes late, her makeup was probably not going her way again. I've watched her do her makeup. It consists of her yelling and screaming at her tube of liquid eyeliner. I really don't see why she feels like she needs all of that makeup. I've only ever seen her without makeup once, when she was coming out of the shower at my house and she forgot to pack her makeup. I think she's still stunning without it.
I sigh as I check the time again to see that she's a half an hour late. I start getting worried, because she still hasn't texted me back, and I texted her about five times. There is no way she's not getting them, but they don't see that they're read. I hope she's okay. I hope Harper didn't hide something she needed to try to sabotage our date. I wouldn't put it past the bitch to try to ruin a night that I worked pretty hard on so it would be special for the girl that she thinks we share.
I take my phone out as ten more minutes pass. This is ridiculous. I dial her number and call her. But, it goes to voicemail. I call a couple more times, but she doesn't answer. That's when I start getting more pissed off than worried. Where the hell else could she be besides in the hotel? I told her to meet me at the front of the hotel, and she's forty minutes late. The least she could do is call me and tell me she has something better to do, rather than just standing me up like this.
After some more time passes, I decide that she's not coming. I put my head down as I go to walk back in the hotel. But, as soon as I go to walk in, she walks out with a smile, like nothing happened. "Hey, babe!" She says and pulls me into a hug. But, I just pull away. "What crawled up your ass and died?" She asks.
I look down at the time on my phone and let a sigh of anger out. "You were supposed to be here an hour and a half ago, what the fuck?" I ask. "Where the hell were you?"
"Chill out, Harper was talking to me." She says.
"Than you should have told me that you were going to be late, rather than ignoring my calls and texts!" I say, trying not to raise my voice.
"Well, I'm here now. I'm sorry, my phone was on silent."
"Of course it was Harper that held you back." I say.
"And what is that supposed to mean?" She asks.
"You know what, nothing." I say. "Are you ready to go? I've waited long enough, I really don't want to wait anymore."
"Fine whatever." She says as we start walking down the street in silence.
I sigh. "I don't want tonight to be spent pissed off at each other." I tell her. "Let's just put it past us, but next time if you're going to be late, just please tell me so I don't stand outside of the hotel alone like an idiot for almost two hours, okay?"
"Deal." She says and smiles before wrapping her arms around me again, this time I hug her back and plant a small kiss on her cheek. I let go of her as we go back to walking.
"Are you hungry?" I ask.
"Not really, but we can get something if you are." She says.
"No, I'm not either." I say. "I ate while I was planning this date out." I say and realize that I forgot one of the most important things. "Shit, here's ten bucks, go to Starbucks and get us something to drink, I'll have whatever you're having. I'm an idiot and forgot to do something, and you can't come with me." I explain.
She laughs at me. "Okay. Don't take too long." She says before walking into the store. When I'm sure that she can't see me anymore, I run down the street to the jewellery store. I wanted to surprise her with something nice. I was supposed to run down here before we met, but I was talking to Michael and totally forgot.
I'm as quick as possible in there, I get her a necklace and put it in my pocket when I'm done paying for it, before running back to Starbucks and taking the seat across from where Kit was sitting. "There you are! What took you?" She asks.
"You'll find out soon enough." I tell her and smile as we start making small talk while we have our drinks. I'm not one hundred percent sure what she got me, but it tasted like heaven, so I really don't care. "Are you ready to go?" I ask her as she takes her last sip.
"I'm ready if you are." She says with a smile as we start walking again. "Where are we going?" She asks.
"The music store." I tell her with a smile as we cross a street. Everything here is so connected and convenient. It's like everything is across the street from each other.
"The music store?" She asks. "Why?"
"Because." I say as we walk in. I take her into the room with the instruments that we're aloud to play. "Take a seat, Kit Kat." I tell her as she pulls a chair out with a smile. I pick up a guitar and play around with the tuning to make sure that it is perfect. "I heard this song on the radio and thought of you. It's whatever. But, the rule of me singing still stands, only on special occasions, Kit Kat. So, don't get too used to it." I tell her with a smile as I start playing.
I remember what you wore on the first day,
You came into my life and I thought hey,
You know, this could be something.
'Cause everything you do and words you say,
You know that it all takes my breath away,
And now I'm left with nothing.
So maybe it's true that I can't live without you,
And maybe two is better than one,
But there's so much time to figure out the rest of my life,
And you've already got me coming undone,
And I'm thinking two is better than one.
I remember every look upon your face,
The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste,
You make it hard for breathing.
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away,
I think of you and everything's okay,
I'm finally now believing.
Then maybe it's true that I can't live without you,
Maybe two is better than one,
But there's so much time to figure out the rest of my life,
And you've already got me coming undone,
And I'm thinking two is better than one.
I remember what you wore on the first day,
You came into my life and I thought, hey.
Maybe it's true that I can't live without you,
Maybe two is better than one,
There's so much time to figure out the rest of my life,
And you've already got me coming undone.
And I'm thinking, ooh, I can't live without you,
'Cause, baby, two is better than one.
There's so much time to figure out the rest of my life.
But I've figured out with all that's said and done.
Two is better than one, two is better than one."

"Luke, that was beautiful!" Thank you so much!" She tells me before getting up and wrapping her arms around me.
"There's more." I say. "Sit back down." I tell her before putting the guitar down. She follows my orders and sits as I pull the necklace out of my pocket. I take it out of the box and show it to her. "I chose an infinity sign because of my feelings for you. No matter what happens, you'll always be my first love. Even if something terrible were to happen and you're not my last, I will always love you, Kit Kat. Forever." I say and smile before going behind her and putting the necklace on her.
"Oh my god, thank you!" She says. "But you don't have to worry about me not being your last love. The only thing that could separate us is something that we can't choose. I promise. I will always love you too, Hemmings." She says before standing up and kissing me. "Now, what do you say we go back to my hotel room before Harper gets back. We have plenty of time." She says mischievously.
"Sounds good to me." I say before following her out.

I pull her in close to me as I catch my breath. She places her head on my chest as I wrap my arms around her. "You're so beautiful, you know that?" I ask her as I start playing with her hair.
"When you tell me, I could almost believe it." She says, I hear the smile in her voice. "You don't just tell me that I'm beautiful, you show it to me."
"Shit, babygirl." I say. "As much as I'd love to stay here with you like this all day, and I really do, your cockblock will be back soon. She would go into cardiac arrest if she saw us laying here with no clothes on."
"Yeah, you're right." She says with a sigh before getting up out of the bed.
"She may get a little too excited if she got a sneak peak at you." I say and laugh.
"What is that supposed to mean?" She asks wit ha small laugh.
"That I'm ninety percent sure she is curious about you." I tell her as I get up out of the bed too, putting my clothes back on.
"No way, she's just awkward around boys." She tells me. "When it's just the two of us, she's fine."
"Yeah, I'm sure she is." I say and smirk. "I'm just giving you the warning, that I see it, and I think Michael may too."
"Well, thanks for that." She says and laughs. Just as she finishes getting dressed, Harper comes in the door with an ear to ear smile, which drops as soon as she sees me.
"What is he doing here?" She asks.
"We we're just hanging out. Look at what he gave me!" She says as she shows her the neckelace.
"Cool." She says with a small nod.
"Everything okay?" Kit asks.
"Yup." Harper says and goes and sits on her bed.
"I should get going." I announce as I walk up to Kit and give her a longer than usual kiss, I need Harper to see that I'm not only fake in love with Kit. "I love you so much, Kit Kat." I tell her and peck her on the lips one more time. "Thank you for the amazing date." I say as I walk out, closing their door behind me. I walk down the hall to mine and Michael's room, where he is laying in bed with a big bag of chips while playing the xbox. "You have it rough." I joke.
"Look who got laid!" He says and laughs.
"What the hell do you mean?" I ask.
"Take a look at your hair." He says as I look over in the mirror.
"Shit." I say and fix it up as much as possible. "Harper saw me like that!" I say. "She has to know."
"Well, that's good!" Michael says. "Because if your theory is right, than that proves to her that Kit chooses you over her!"
"Yeah, it also shows that we have sex." I say. "She thinks that I'm using Kit, remember?"
"Tell her to go fuck herself." Michael says and puts a handful of chips in his mouth. "How was the date?" He asks.
"It was perfect." I say as a smile that I can't help comes to my face.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys!
This is just short and sweet.
I just wanted to let you know about the song if you were curious. The link is here
It's an amazing song if you wanted to check it out!
I hoe you enjoyed the chapter!
-Rayne