Chapitre Quinze

♛Daniela♕

Sunshine on my back, the wind blowing my hair, but I was not alright. Not after last night. All I could think about was what I saw, or, at least, what I

thought

I saw.
  It was unreal: the eyes behind the curtains. Had I imagined them there? Had I just saw a reflection? It felt too real, I felt too overpowered by it for it not to be real. The eyes were so piercing.... I knew I just couldn't have imagined it. It made the beat of my heart seize in my chest and my blood stop. It made me cold.
   I was taking the towels down to a room that had requested them. Jesse's room. Man, I could've just beat Brandon right then and there for not telling me he was in The NBHD. For not telling me or Dakota. She still doesn't know, and won't know until she gets back. I'm keeping to my word-she said not to call or text her unless it is an emergency. She wanted as far away from here as she could get, and the less contact possible was what she wanted.
   I understood; I was pissed and overcome with pain about our lives too. For so long we planned for college and scholarships; we went to private school on our own demand just to focus on school and grades. We hardly had any friends because we didn't really get out due to it. We played Softball for one year, took an Army Training Course, and did Lacrosse to further our scholarship reasons. We devoted our lives to a future we were certain to have. We missed typical teenage things like boyfriends and parties and going to the mall every weekend. We had lives outside of school, but it was here at the hotel and our other jobs and the creek and Brandon. That was it. Now, besides Brandon being a constant, that's all it'll ever be.
   I knocked on Jesse's door and waited patiently for him. I heard, "Come in!" from the other side. We had no fancy slide-in keys; the person could lock their door with three different locks, and housekeeping had keys to all of them. So, I turned his unlocked handle and came inside.
   "Hello!" I yelled. He was in the shower. "I brought your towels!"
   "Thank you!"
The water shut off and then here he came out with a single towel around his waist. I was starstruck. I couldn't keep staring, that was too weird. I looked at my towels as if they were stray puppies.
   "Hi." Jesse said, trying to get my attention. "Wow, you're Daniela. I guess Brandon wasn't lying about you working here."
  "No," I chuckled. "He wasn't."
"Well, good morning Miss Daniela." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "How are you?"
   "Good." I was staring at his v-line. "And you?"
   "Grand." He grumbled. "Say, mind telling me where Brandon is? We're all supposed to meet up today for a day out."
   "Sure," I moved my hair out of my face. "He's actually in the house asleep in Dakota's room. I'll go get him if you like?"
   "Sounds fantastic." His eyes stared a millennia into mine.
   I had to tear myself from him and his room and his door. My, Mr. Rutherford was a sight. So gorgeous, a perfect human specimen.
   Right down to a science.