NINE

Jasmine's POV

"On time," A familiar voice stated and I smiled, turning my head to the side to be greeted by the beautiful sight that was her.

"You came," I fired back and she released an amused expression as her eyes met mine.

"You ready to go in or do you want to stay at the bar for a little bit?" I questioned as I shifted on the stool to face her completely.

"What do you want to do?" She asked, making me chuckle.

"I'm ready to eat but-"

"Okay let's go inside," She interrupted, motioning for me to stand and I did just that, allowing my eyes to run over her discreetly.

"Have you been waiting long?" She questioned curiously as we began moving over to the dining area of the restaurant.

"No, maybe two, three minutes," I expressed, pulling out her chair, and she sat down saying a small thank you as I moved over to my own seat sitting as well.

"You look beautiful," I pointed out, earning the same look of disbelief I always got whenever I complimented her.

"Thank you," She replied, looking uncomfortable.

"How was the drive?" I asked changing the subject since she had declined my numerous offers to pick her up at home.

"Quiet," She replied smiling and I nodded amused appreciating the low v-cut of the navy-blue dress she wore.

"Do you come here often?" She asked, referring to the restaurant.

"No, this is actually my first time," I replied since even though I owned the place I wasn't really one to go to restaurants to dine unless it was a special occasion.

"I'll order for us then" She stated opening the menu that was situated on the table.

"You'll order for us?" I asked, loving the sense of control she had just expressed.

"That's if you don't mind" She announced, gazing up at me.

"I don't," I assured her softly and she nodded, returning her eyes to the menu before her.

"Okay," She uttered as her eyebrows pulled together in concentration.

"So I'm guessing you've been here before?" I asked in a statement like tone.

"I have, this is actually in my top five for restaurants," She replied complimenting me unknowingly and I smiled motioning for the waiter to come over.

"Ms Johnson, are you ready to order?" He asked and I motioned for him to direct his attention to her as a part of me silently wishing he hadn't greeted me by my name because now questions would be asked.

"So you've been here before?" She asked the minute he left and I smiled.

"I-"

"Probably with someone else?" She interrupted and I frowned, hating the fact that was her first assumption.

"No, I haven't, I actually own the place"

"You own it?"

"Yeah," I replied and she smiled.

"Why didn't you say that earlier?"

"Because people usually label it as bragging, I didn't want you to view me as conceited," I confessed and she laughed slightly.

"That's actually impressive, and you probably shouldn't be around anybody that views your success as bragging," She informed me and I nodded, allowing her words to seep into my subconscious mind.

"And how do you own the place but have never eaten here?" She asked shortly after and I chuckled, noticing the hidden amusement in her voice.

"Just never gotten around to it"

"So was this always your dream?"

"No, I actually wanted to become a basketball player or anything to do with photography and painting," I confided with a slight smile playing on my lips.

"What happened?"

"Life" I replied and she nodded in understanding.

"So you paint?"

"Used to, I don't really anymore,"

"Why not?"

"Lack of inspiration, I guess," I replied and she smiled, leaving her dimples to make their presence known.

"I understand,"

"You seem like a realist," I mumbled and she laughed lightly.

"And you seem like a dreamer," She fired back, making me smile.

"What about your pictures?" She asked shortly after and I chuckled leaning back gazing at the god reflected sight which was her.

"I don't really take pictures anymore either,"

"Why not?"

"I just stopped, but I have opened art studios and I use them to help upcoming black artists," I confessed as the waiter returned, placing our food before us.

"Thank you," She stated as he lifted the bottle of wine she had ordered into his hands.

"None for me, thank you," I stated as he filled her glass.

"Can we get a bucket of ice please?" I requested softly as he returned the bottle to the table, and he released a small nod before walking off.

"Are you not a fan of red wine?" She questioned in a curious tone as I lifted my fork.

"No, I am, I just like my wine chilled," I stated with a slight grin.

"Why didn't you say something earlier?"

"It slipped my mind," I explained and she snickered, taking her fork into her hand.

"It slipped your mind?"

"Yes,"

"Okay,"

"You don't mind the wine being on ice do you?"

"No, it's fine," She assured me as she gathered some of the pasta before her onto the utensil in her hand.

"So what exactly is this?" I asked, referring to my own dish as she placed the food into her mouth whilst concealing a smile.

"Just try it," She expressed using her hand to cover her mouth as she paused her chewing to respond.

"Just try it?" I questioned chuckling.

"Yes," She urged as she lifted her glass of wine while taking a sip.

I directed my fork towards the plate immediately gathering some food onto the utensil before placing it into my mouth.

"How is it?" She asked as I began the chewing motion.

"It's good,"

"Just good?" She asked and I covered my mouth as I released a small laugh.

"It's amazing,"

-