FIFTEEN

J A Z M I N E

"What time are you getting off?" I questioned in a curious tone as we continued our journey back to the hospital.

"I'm actually done for the day but I have Aria, her father is dropping her off at the hospital," She replied as I glanced down at my watch checking the displayed time.

"Okay,"

"Is there a reason you asked?"

"I have another art exhibition to attend tonight," I confessed looking at her for a split second.

"I would love to go but-"

"I know," I interjected as a small smile blessed my lips.

"You going home after this?"

"Uhm, no I have some things I have to finish up so I'm going back to the office," I confided as I removed my car key from the front pocket of my blue fitted pants.

"Okay,"

"I got your charger in my car," I informed her while the memory of me collecting it from the salon she had left it at danced in my mind as a silent reminder.

"Okay, I'm going to get my things and Imma be right back," She announced, touching my arm as we settled at the entrance of the hospital. "Don't leave"

With that instruction came the handing of her keys to me, and I smiled allowing her to walk away as I began my own journey towards my car.

Vibrations embraced my upper leg and I quickly removed the ringing device gazing down at the caller ID.

Jeremiah

A small sigh escaped me as I answered the call before placing the phone to my ear.

"What's up?" I asked curiously while the sun continued to litter its shining rays against my beautifully melanated umber skin.

"Can you swing by the hospital right now?"

"Why?" I inquired, wanting to decide if I was here or not.

"I have some renovation ideas I wanna leave with you," He answered as I unlocked my car before getting in.

"I'm out front," I confessed, ending the call whilst closing my door.

I sat there in complete silence for a few minutes awaiting his presence, which I was soon greeted with as my eyes met his figure at the entrance, and he immediately began walking towards my car that was parked in the appointed spot.

My hands travelled up towards my necktie quickly undoing it as he got closer to the vehicle, and I reached over sending down the window at his arrival.

"What's the occasion?" He asked, earning a look of confusion from me as I placed my tie on the passenger seat next to me.

"What?"

"You were here before I even called," He clarified at the same moment I began undoing the first three buttons of my grey buttoned-down shirt.

"Nothing that concerns you," I replied and he smiled, handing me a folder.

"Spain already got them," He expressed, referring to the designs as I took them into my hold.

"You know you could've just emailed these to me," I mumbled going through his list of ideas.

"I know but I spoke to Spain the other day and he told me you're dating someone," He announced and I chuckled, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Has Spain gotten back to you about them yet?" I questioned, ignoring his earlier statement since my expressed words were in reference to the designs.

"No, he said he was going to discuss it with you before getting back to me," He stated and I placed the folder next to my necktie as my eyes spotted Britt's approaching figure.