SIXTEEN

J A Z M I N E

The sound of loudly played music sprinted towards my listening ears as I entered the crowded club fixing the collar of my navy blue buttoned-down shirt. The heat from the many present bodies bounced against walls along with the numerous lines of coloured lights which—

"Ms Johnson," A voice sounded and I followed it, meeting a standing Chris. "Your guests have arrived,"

The remainder had arrived the minute he had realised that he had been awarded with my undivided attention.

"Where are they?" I asked dabbing him up as the music continued to battle with the sound of our voices.

"They are in the lounge awaiting your presence," He stated and I nodded dismissing my presence.

Each and every step towards the stairs had my body submitting to an intense sense of nervousness, which in return immobilised my ongoing strides.

TICK TOCK

I took a deep breath removing my phone from my suit jacket before dialling her number, and with each ring, an extra feeling of weight laid on my already heavy heart.

"Can you come and meet me?" I questioned the second she had answered the call.

"Where?"

"At the bottom of the stairs,"

"At the bottom of the stairs?" She repeated laughing slightly, and I left a smile to appear on my lips.

"Yeah,"

"Okay I'll come and meet you," She agreed before ending the call and I quickly returned my phone to my pocket as I waited for her to arrive.

My gaze travelled to the top of the stairs as her figure came into view, and I couldn't help but stare as my eyes met the red dress she wore that melted against her vessel in perfection.

"I don't think I've ever seen you nervous." She pointed out while taking the final steps towards me.

"You look amazing," I complimented, voicing the thought that had settled on my mind as her eyes ran over me.

"So do you." She replied, and the nervousness I felt began subsiding as she leaned forward placing a small kiss against my lips.

"They didn't hear the call did they?" I asked and she released a breathy laugh.

"No, they didn't," She promised.

"Okay, let's go up," I stated, gazing at the head of the stairs as she pulled my hand into hers.

My feet began to carry me up the steps as the sound of the music continued to lay against my eardrums.

"Did you order anything?" I questioned glancing over to her.

"No, I was waiting on you," She expressed as we settled into the lounge area attracting the gazes of her invited guests.

"Guys this is Jazmine, Jaz this is Nia, Renae, and Darrelle," She introduced and I leaned forward to shake each of their hands.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you all," I announced and Nia smiled.

"Likewise," Nia responded as I transferred my hand to Renae's.

"Ice," A voice I knew as Spain's, called out.

"Excuse me," I said dismissing myself as I released Darrelle's hand, and they gave a silent go-ahead leaving me to make my way towards Spain who was a few steps away.

"You look nervous," Spain said the second I stood before him.

"I am," I replied smiling.

"So which one is her?" He asked curiously while simultaneously shifting his eyes to the lounge area behind me where everyone was currently residing.