Chapter 4

After the weekly meeting, Mei Hui stoped Donnan Bei and said she wanted to talk to him. He followed Mei Hui out of the conference room, glancing at the bottom wrapped tightly in her uniform from time to time and greeting his colleagues absentmindedly.

Back in the cubicle, Mei Hui sat Donnan Bei down while she smoothed the hem of skirt and sat down, closing legs sideways.

"How do you feel about your job?"Mei Hui asked.

"I feel pretty good." Donnan Bei said," But I still know There are some things I haven't done well, such as not dressing properly, talking too much in meetings, joking with colleagues, well...... I was really in a rush last time I took off work. "

Mei Hui smiled and said, "What do you say about your job?"

"The international settlement job, which involves different countries and banks, requires not only a high level of English, but also a higher level of responsibility, because every order can't be wrong. "Donnan Bei said.

"Do you like this position?" Mei Hui said with a nod.

"Love it!" Donnan Bei said, raising her voice, "But ...... sometimes I feel a bit monotonous."

"Do you interested in other positions?" Mei Hui said.

"I haven't thought much about it, I don't know much about other positions at the bank too."Donnan Bei said, "I was starting from document review, and I response for recheck now, and there's not much intersection with other department, but I feel far from the core business of the bank. I did think about getting a certificate or something, but not to switch jobs, I like the international department."

Mei Hui smiled faintly and said, "Do you have any management experience?"

Donnan Bei thought for a while and said, "Well ...... I've been a bar headwaiter ...... and I've also run an advertising agency."

"Aren't you a fresh graduate?" Mei Hui asked.

"I ...... did it part-time during college." Donnan Bei said.

"Well, you should just take over Ron's job first. She's about to give birth, and it's a bit inconvenient to external liaison and KAM." Mei Hui said, "The department is short of staff, and you are man, you are usually quite active, and you treat people well, I think you are quite suitable, what do you think?"

"I'll do whatever directer says." Donnan Bei said, crossing his fingers and clutching.

Ron carefully introduced the job duties and general procedures, and handed Donnan Bei a list of key customers and outlets contact and work schedules, asking him from time to time about his background, especially about his place of origin and university graduated.

Returned to his seat, Donnan Bei spread out the pile of files and quickly went through, then thought a long time. Before the end of the day, Donnan Bei invited Mei Hui to dinner,and she stared him for seconds and agreed.

After work, Mei Hui chose a Hubei restaurant, sat down and said: "I'm from Wuhan, I chose the restaurant, I'll pay the bill, you tell me, what is it? why is so mysterious?"

"It's about my education." Donnan Bei said.

"What?" Mei Hui looked straight at Donnan Bei and said.

"I feel that you trust me, I've only been here for less than a year and the you let me take over Ron's position, I've heard that it's normal to work as a teller for three to five years." Donnan Bei said, "But I know there still has requirements for the qualifications of appointees to important positions, so I thought I must tell you, even if I lose my job." He said and lowered his head, "I dropped out of college."