Chapter 14

"Hello! Donnan Bei, this is Wan." Wan said over the phone.

"Huh?" Donnan Bei said, "What a rare visit. How are you?"

"I'm good."Wan said, "Didn't you say something about stocks last time? I spoke to my child hood friend, he'd love to talk to you all, how about tonight?"

"I can't make it tonight, there's a homie party, it's my turn to be the host, and I just got paid." Donnan Bei said, "Why don't you both come along?"

"That's not very convenient, is it? How about another time?" Wan Shanhe said.

"I'm in charge, I'll invite whoever I want. " Donnan Bei said, "Besides, we're all in the finance industry, so maybe we know each other. Old Shandong, 6:30. "

Donnan Bei arrived early at the Old Shandong Restaurant, found a large table in the corner by the window and sat down, ordered the food and alcohol in advance.

Wan and his child hood friend were the first to arrive, while the others arrived one by one. After introducing everyone, Donnan Bei said, "Although I have always advocated that we should have a theme for every gathering, but I am insignificant and powerless, and I have always followed Shandong's old habit of drinking to death. Today it's finally my turn to talk. I've decided that tonight's theme is stock investment literacy. Everyone is welcome to ask questions, Zhang, you watch out for me, anyone who goes off topic will be punished with a glass of alcohol."

Everyone was unanimous in their approval, then all is quiet, and Zhang couldn't help laughing as everyone followed.

"You've made us restrained." Zhang said.

"I mean drinking is still the theme, but no nosy, come on, let's drink first." Donnan Bei said.

Everyone toasted together and then had quietly, Wan asked a question first, "Gao Feng, can you help us interpret the events of the winning-lot table some time ago?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, everyone had already spoken about what they had heard, Wan smiled and didn't say anything, and Gao didn't rush to answer, Donnan Bei knocked his plate with chopsticks and said, "The professional is here, so let's gossip later, ah."

When everyone was quiet for a while, Gao asked Wan, "Which aspect of the matter do you want to know about?"

"Well, both Donnan and I are curious about newness, firstly, what happened? secondly, the underlying causes of what happened, thirdly, your opinion on this matter, and fourthly, your advice on personal investment in the stock market." Wan said.

"Good question!" Zhang followed and said in a loud voice.

"Come on!" Donnan Bei glanced at Zhang and said.

"Okay, I'll try to answer them one by one." Gao paused for a moment and said, "'8-10' incident is simply the incident of the stockholders not buying the for IPO form and the subsequent march and storming the city hall. The incident was very simple: Xiao Ping was on his southern tour, stocks were soaring, and people thought that stock investment was a sure thing, especially for new listing shares. To buy IPO shares, one had to buy a winning-lot table first, with a 10% chance of winning the right of buying shares, but after queuing up all night, they were told all tables were sold out just as the sale opened. The stock traders thought there must have black box operation, and gathered in front of the city hall. The Government used tear gas and water cannons, which later turned into beatings, vandalism and burning. The Government was pressured to issue an additional 500,000 redemption tickets for the winning lot tables the next day. The incident is still being investigated and there are no results yet, but the stock market was hit hard and has been falling with no sign of stabilisation."