Chapter Four

Once Upon a Right Now in Storybrooke. . . .

. . . HENRY'S POV. . .

"You weren't always a cricket." Henry says as he sits on the sofa opposite Archie Hopper. 

 "I weren't always- " he is slightly distracted by his notes and then quickly realised what Herny had said "Oh, right. Because, um... Because you think I'm Jiminy Cricket. Why... Why do you... Why do you think that, Henry?"

"It's just because of who you are."

"And what am I?" He asks gently.

"You're a conscience. You help people see right from wrong."

 "So, all the crickets in Storybrooke – they were once people, too?"

"There aren't any crickets here. Listen." He motions to the window, both listen and then Archie shrugs a little. 

"Maybe it isn't light enough."

"There's never been crickets here. You've just never noticed."

 "So, you think that's proof that there's a curse?"

"Yes, but I know it's not enough. I'm looking for more."

"So, Henry, look. I asked you this once before and you said you'd think about it. Why do you think it's so important that this is real?"

"It... It just is. . . . "

"Alright. Well, keep thinking about that answer, Henry. Cause I think there's something buried there." He smiles at Henry who returns the gesture. 

"My auntie wasn't crazy by the way. . ." Henry says before he leaves, causing Archie to look up in surprise. 

"Whoever said she was?" He asks Henry. 

"My mum told her she was, so she thinks she is, but she wasn't dreaming, she was remembering." Henry shrugs before leaving. 

. . . END OF HENRY POV. . . 

You're sat with your feet up on the desk, watching in amusement as Emma unfolds the shirt and tie to march Grahams, holding it up to her in disgust.

"A tie? You know you don't have to dress a woman as a man to give her authority."

"Preach it. . ." you smile earning a playful shove from Graham. 

"So, you think you can get people to do what you want in that red coat?"

"I'm getting you to do what I want right now." She smirks, Graham sighs in submission and you and Emma high five. 

"Win two for the ladies. . ." you say happily. 

"Win two?" 

"Yeah, you tried to get me to wear a uniform too remember. . .but. . " 

"You're not my deputy . . .  got it" he shakes his head smiling before looking back at Emma "Well, at least wear the badge. Go on – take it. If you really want to be a part of this community, we have to make it official." As Emma takes the badge from Graham, a weird feeling hits you, you're not sure what it is but as soon as she clips it onto her belt, there is a violent shake and the room sways, you nearly fall off your seat. The moment it stops all of the phones at the station start ringing. 

"Spooky . . ." you whisper to yourself as you answer the nearest phone. 

"The old mine shaft. . ." you announce once off the phone. "First day on the job, lucky you" you say playfully to Emma as you grab your jacket and head out the door. By the time you get there, the entire town is gathered around the entrance to the tunnels.  You spot Regina giving a talk to the people of Storybrooke.