Chapter Nineteen

Once Upon a Right Now in Storybrooke . . . .

. . . .  EMMA AND OTHERS POV . . . .

The next morning, Henry is sat reading his book at the station. Emma and Mr. Gold see him as they walk in. 

"Henry. What are you doing here? Where's Y/N?" 

"I came to congratulate you" Henry said putting his book down. 

"For what?" Emma asks confused. 

"Your genius plan." He says as if it's obvious. 

"And what plan's that, Henry?" Mr Gold asks but Henry freezes, not responding. "Right." He takes  the hint and heads in to see Mary Margret in her cell. 

"Sorry. I thought Mr. Gold was in on it, now that he's Miss Blanchard's lawyer." Henry says almost with a wince as he talks to Emma in the corridor. 

"In on what?" Emma is still confused. 

"The escape plan?" Henry states with enthusiasm. 

"The what?" Emma looks taken back, and and she does Mr. Gold calls out from the other room.

"Sheriff, could you join me, please?" Emma and Henry join Mr. Gold and see Mary Margaret's empty cell. "She's gone." 

"Henry, what did you do?" 

"Nothing." He protests  "she was gone when I got here, I thought you'd asked Auntie Y/N to hide her?" 

"Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there. . ." Mr Gold begins.

"She's a fugitive." Emma finishes his stances for him.  "Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed. I have to go find her before someone notices she's missing."

"Oh, you mean Regina?" Mr Gold looks at her with a raised brow. 

"The arraignment's at eight A.M. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory." Emma breathes out sarcastically. 

"Well, you have until eight A.M., then."

"Uh, what about me? How can I help?" Henry looks up at Emma. 

"Go home. See if you can find your auntie." Emma says with a worried tone. 

"Emma, if either of them leaves Storybrooke . . ." Henry suddenly panicked at you disappearance. 

"Not now, Henry. Come on." Emma was in a fluster. 

"Miss Swan, I know time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return. .  Her future's in jeopardy. And Y/N is caught helping her, so is hers." 

"What do you mean?" Henry looks wide eyed at Mr Gold. 

"You don't want to be on the loosing side of this either Miss Swan." He shifts the conversation along as not to terrify Henry. 

 "I don't care. I'd rather lose my job than my friends."  Emma says with determination. 

. . . . . . . 

After looking all day, Emma drives down a deserted road near the woods. In the fog in the distance, not noticing the figure in the distance, she narrowly avoids hitting the figure who jumps out of the way and falling down an incline. Emma is quick to get out of her car and assist the person she nearly killed. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I didn't see you there!" 

 "Uh, I think so" Jefferson slowly climbs out of the slight incline and back up.