Chapter Ten

Once Upon a Right Now in Storybrooke . . . . 

You're sat in the squad car with Emma when Henry cycles towards you like a tornado. "Hey, kid." Emma gets out of the car to greet him but he continues to cycle, past you both. "Nice to see you, too" she says sarcastically. 

"Oh shit the playground. . ." you look at Emma as you both go to catch up with Henry, getting there, your fears were true, the playground is noticeably damaged.

"The storm!"

"Oh Henry, It's okay, we can fix it." You frown looking at the mess of a castle. "I'll talk to Marco." you smile, but Henry's not interested, he's busy digging. 

"Do you think it's still here?" Henry continues to dig in the sand near the base of the playground.

"What are you looking for?" Emma frowns. 

"My book."

"Why'd you bury it here?" Emma wonders. 

"So my mom doesn't find it."

"Hiding it under your mattress wasn't good enough?" Henry doesn't reply at first as he uncovers red metal box under the sand and starts to unlock it.

"That's the first place the Evil Queen would look." He says as if stating the obvious.

"How about leaving it with me?"

"That's the second place." You say Henry nodding "I'd be the third place." Henry sighs, but his relief is shown when he opens the box, revealing the book inside.

"It's still here. Good."

"So, your mom doesn't know about the castle?"

"No. This is our secret." Henry closes and re-locks the box, then starts to rebury it. 

"Oh here comes the Queen, you mumble standing in front of Henry to hide his digging, Regina arrives and calls out to Henry.

"Henry! Henry! I've been looking everywhere for you. You know you have a session with Archie this morning." She frowns  "I should've known he was with you, good thing my sister is here to chaperone. . ." She glares at Emma "Henry. car. Now." Henry runs off.

"You let him play here?" She sounds disgusted. 

 "In all fairness Regina. . . it didn't look like this before the storm . . ." she rolls her eyes at you "come on, it was hit hard but we can fix it."

"Well, can you fix a cracked cranium? Because that's what you'll have on your hands if one of these boards collapses under his weight." 

"Regina, calms. . ." 

"No, you're not thinking about Henry or his safety." she frowns "you don't have children so you wouldn't know. . ." You wince, those words hit you like a stab to the heart. 

 "Hey, leave off Regina . . ." Emma steps in. 

"You're no better Miss Swan, you're just look for ways around me. Don't let your feelings cloud your judgment. People can get hurt." The last part coming off like a threat. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Emma challenges her. 

"You're the Sheriff now,  it's time to be responsible." She snarks before leaving you and Emma alone. 

"You alright?" Emma says as you head back to the car. 

"Hmm?" You look up "Oh me? Yeah fine." 

"What Regina said, about children, you're great with Henry, I'd trust you with his life. . ." Your taken back by this, tears pooling.