Chapter Five

Once Upon a Time in the Enchanted Forest. . . . . 

You're staring out the window in the castle tower, your new room, the preparations for your sisters wedding to the King going on downstairs. Your hope is dwindling by the minute as you think of a plan to escape, again. The guards had has a tip off from a scared local farmer of your where abouts, that you'd been seeing the Portal Jumper without the kings permission who, despite your pervious reputation of escaping an arranged marriage, had been hoping to marry to off as a gif to another neighbouring kingdom. . . but you'd believed in true love and Jefferson was yours. Also, there might be another major snag in this plan. 

Your sister would be trying on her dress by now, the fitting, Snow will be thrilled, she thinks the world of her saviour, Regina as did you. You're pacing the room when you hear it, the tapping at your window. Confused you get closer, before smiling widely and opening it for Jefferson to tumble through. 

"Oh my tea trays, never, ever am I doing that again. . . ." he huffs as you help him stand. 

"Jeff!!" You wrap yourself around him, he holds you close "you came. . ." 

"Obviously . . ." He shakes his head as if you'd said the stupidest thing you could have ever said. "You couldn't have been bloody repunszle could you. . ." he rolls his eyes playfully. 

"I - how did you get up here?"

"Well after serval attempts to use the hat, which didn't work because of whatever curse your mother. . ."

"Step-mother" 

"Stepmother. . .  put on this room. . . I got some help to scale the wall. . . who's Prince Charming now eh?" he smiles cockily as leads you to the window. You see a mix of all your other friends. You smiles, a group of young misfits that, little did you know, in the future you'd be stuck in a land without magic, where time would stop and the already skewiff ageing would cease entirely, where about to outwit King Leopold and your family. "So, you ready to get back down?" 

"Is it safe?" You hover looking at the grapple hook and rope. 

"Ok, who are you and what have you done with my sidekick?" Jefferson chuckles.  

"Not your sidekick. . ." you point at him, knowing he only says it to wind you up. 

"What about Fiancé then?"

"What?" You gasp.

"Fiancé?"

"Be your Fiencé?" 

"Well who else's are you going to be?" 

"Thats the least romantic proposal ever, you know that right?" 

"Anything for you princess. . ." he winks. 

"Alright hatter. . . I'll marry you" you shrug.

"Thats the least romantic acceptance ever, you know that right?" you mocks your earlier comment and you swat him playfully but before you can touch him he's got your hand and is pulling you closer, he's about to kiss when you pause. 

"Wait. . ." 

"You ok?"

"I, there's something I need to tell you. . ."

"What, what is it? Is this why you've suddenly got a regard for health and safety?" he muses. 

"I'm with child . . . ." you blurt it. 

"With what?"

"Child Jefferson, like a baby. . ." 

He gives you a look before breathing out "Well thats. . .." he pauses and you suddenly begin to worry, but then he looks at you, and you see from his eyes you have nothing to fear "wonderful!!!" he holds you, smiling brightly.