Chapter Eight

Once Upon a Right Now in Storybrooke . . . .

Walking up the road to Regina's house, to join them on the walk to the bus before picking up Emma to head to work, you notice August, the Stranger who'd appeared in town last night, tinkering with his motorcycle outside your sisters, house and then Henry walking over to him.

"What are you doing here?" He straight up asks the man as he finishes off fixing the bike. 

 "Fixing my bike."

 "No, he means in Storybrooke." you stand behind Henry, Agust looks at you like a familiar friend who hasn't seen someone in a long time would. 

"Just visiting." He says nonchalantly, the look disappearing.

"What's that?"

"A box." August replies unhelpfully. 

"What's inside it?" You help Henry out, enjoying quizzing the stranger. 

"Just something I need to do what I came here for. . . . you two always ask lots of questions." He aims the last bit at you. 

"We don't get visitors Mr. . ." 

"Just August. . ." he says gently. 

"Well, I thought you were just visiting just August?" You raise a brow.

"Doesn't mean I don't have something to do." He gives you a 'ha I win' look before starting his motorcycle. Regina yells for you and Henry, quickly walking down the driveway towards you.

"Better get to school." He looks at Henry and then at the sky "Looks like a storm's coming." he lifts a brow to you before speeding off, just as Regina reached you. 

"Y/N, who was that?"

"That Regina. . . is a visitor . . ." Regina looks at you dismayed "My thoughts exactly" you say regarding her face.  

. . . . .

You knock on Mary Margret and Emma's door, opening it on the muffled sound of a 'come in'.

"No offence, but Mary Margret is going to slaughter you for the state of her kitchen." You look around. 

"Oh no, this is my breakfast, that mess is all hers. . . she left in a rush. . . Science fair or something . . ." 

"Thats a funny name to call David . . ." you say amused. 

"What?" Emma sighs. 

"David gets coffee for him and his wife from Granny's at 7:15 every morning before work. . . just so he can accidentally see Mary Margret who now sits there before work pretending to read. 

"She wouldn't . . ." 

"Come on, I'll show you" you smirk as she grabs her coat and you head out the the dinner, just in time to see Mary Margret staring out the window watching David hand Kathryn a coffee though the car window, kissing her on the cheek.

"This is making a volcano?" Emma ask as you both appear from the back rooms. 

"I was-"

"Jigs up Snow White . . ." you tease not sure why you used Henry's alias for her but if felt funny. 

"He comes here every morning at seven fifteen a.m. to get coffee." She sighs heavily. 

 "For him and his wife." You pull a chair to the table as Emma sits opposite. 

 "I know, I know, I know. I just like to...come here to see him."

"So you're a stalker? I never realised Storybrooke was so full of weirdos" you tease.