Chapter 1

As in the description: TRIGGER WARNING, THIS STORY CONTAINS MENTIONS OF DEATH, SUICIDE (THOUGH IT'S FAKED), MURDER, BAD MENTAL HEALTH, ABUSE, DEAD BODIES, AND THIS CHAPTER SPECIFICALLY WILL BE DEALING WITH ALL OF THEM AND IT MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC FOR YOU. If you would still like to read the story even with this warning, but do not wish to read the part about the dead body then miss from Sue leaving the table to the second "-----" and while these themes will continue, you will not read any actual descriptions. Take care of yourselves, be safe, I love you all. - Wendy Noire

"It's so nice of you to invite us over after so long, I know my dear Sue has been asking about your Dudley." Mrs White said, forcing her daughter forwards, though she looked extremely uncomfortable, in a dress that didn't fit her well, and clearly dug into her arms.

"Yeah, sure, I talked about Dudley." Sue said, looking disgusted at the idea, a sentiment that Dudley standing beside his parents agreed with.

"Of course, please come on in, dinner will be finished in only a few moments." Petunia said with a bright smile, waving the guests inside, Mr White and Mr Dursley immediately starting talking about their work, Mrs White going to the kitchen to 'help', or rather to gossip, leaving Sue and Dudley awkwardly together.

"I heard you got into a drama college." Dudley said, the two 15 year olds still standing by the door closed behind the Whites.

"Yeah, my parents aren't too happy about it, especially mum, she doesn't see the need for me to learn anything, and dad wants me to be the top of my classes and doesn't think the arts are worth anything. I'm still planning to accept though. It's not like they can't afford it." Sue said, bitter about how her parents both had her life planned out for her, a life that sounded like hell to her. They hated all her friends too.

"Well good luck." Dudley said. He had no plans past secondary school yet, though it wasn't like he was the only one.

"Thanks, I'll need it." Sue said, a small, shy smile forming on her face.

"Dinner's served everyone." Petunia said, sticking her abnormally large neck into the living room, summoning them all to the table.

"Thank you again for the invitation Petunia, you're such a dear." Mr White said as he took his seat beside Vernon, Sue and Dudley being placed next to each other, Vernon at the head, Mr White opposite Dudley, Mrs White opposite Sue, giving her a very pointed look that made Sue roll her eyes, and Petunia opposite Vernon.

The table was filled with food, though it wasn't as much or as splendid as the previous Dursley dinner parties, it was still a rather unreasonable amount of food, and Sue had been put on an overly strict diet by her mother after finding out that Sue and her friends had eaten pizza from town bought by one of the older kids once. She couldn't do anything to force Sue to stick to the diet in front of the Dursleys though, at least not without insulting Dudley which would ruin her whole plan for agreeing to this dinner.

"By the way, I haven't seen Harry around for ages, where is he?" Sue asked, digging into the chicken happily after about a week of only eating salads thanks to it being the summer holidays so being unable to eat anything with her friends.

"He attends a school for troubled children, it's a boarding school, so you wouldn't see him around." Vernon said coldly, clearly angry at the turn of conversation, or was it because Sue spoke out of turn?

"That boy was always causing problems, good for you Mr Dursley for putting him in a place like that, hopefully they can straighten him out." Mr White said with a laugh, not that anything funny was said.

"But it's the holiday, wouldn't he be home now though?" Sue pushed, ignoring the kick she got from her mother.

"Sue, now is not the time, be quiet. Why don't you go powder your nose." Mrs White wasn't asking her daughter, she was telling her to leave so she could do damage control as though Sue had done something terrible, like killed a guy.