Chapter 12

"The Boy who lived survived another attempted murder?

"The Potions Professor, Severus Snape, who is well known to have barely avoided Azkaban after Albus Dumbledore spoke on his behalf during many trials of Death Eaters who called him one, claiming that he had already paid the price for his actions and would never be doing such things again. Dumbledore has still made no comment about what the supposed price Snape paid was.

"Harry Potter has only been in the Wizarding World for a few days, but has already experienced another attempt on his life. Snape had apparently failed to make a mockery of his famous student in their first lesson and so decided to trigger the Potter allergy, which would have killed The Boy Who Lived if it weren't for his classmate Draco Malfoy getting him to the Hospital Wing. It is unclear when Harry Potter will recover, however we are aware of the situation with the students.

"'We were shocked when he started to collapse, we had never seen anything like it before.' Ronald Weasley told our reporter through tears. 'He's our friend, we didn't think he would be put in this condition in a classroom.'

"'We told Dumbledore about what Snape did and he tried to convince us it was a mistake, but it's against the rules to use what Harry is allergic to. Even if he didn't know about Harry's allergy he still shouldn't have been using it.' Granger, a friend of Ronald and Harry said.

"'There's no chance for Snape to not have known about Potter's allergy, he had triggered the same allergy in James Potter while they were students. He also was educated on the allergy along with every teacher when Potter came to the school. He could not have dome this by accident.' Mme Pomfrey, the healer at Hogwarts explained to our reporter. She refused to leave the Hospital Wing so she could be alerted to any change in Harry's condition, the curtain drawn around his bed.

"'We were making a potion together, I was aware that it was unusual for Harry's allergy to be present, but I wasn't aware he was allergic to it. It didn't take long before he started reacting, being unable to stand and struggling to breathe. I was trying to ask him if he was okay when Snape came over and said he was just trying to get attention. I'm glad I didn't listen to him.' Draco Malfoy said.

"'Snape has always been a bad teacher, and harassed many students, but this is way further than I thought he would go. Bullying and mocking are par for the course, and yeah, he has poisoned students and pets to test our potions before, but at least we would be the ones making the potions and we'd be going right to Mme Pomfrey. Every time at least someone would tell Dumbledore, but he always dismissed it.' Lexsaidh Wood-Michelle told our reporter, seeming uncomfortable as she spoke.

"During the interview Weasley and Granger gave the reporter a recording of when they had told Dumbledore about Snape's actions. Our reporter was unable to make out anything that was said, however there was a lot of crashing. It seems Severus Snape can no longer escape Azkaban, not a single student even acknowledges him at Hogwarts any more."

Sure enough, there was only a small amount of dirt stuck to Dumbledore, but there was little chance of Snape getting out of this. If it had been the original timeline then, as Harry survived, Dumbledore would have swept Snape's actions under the rug and kept hiring, this incident being swiftly silenced. But this timeline not only had the story received backlash from the whole student body, but had the story on the front page of the Daily Prophet, and from what Hermione could gather, front page in the papers of other countries too.

"We got the front page." Hermione let the paper fall to the floor, looking back at Harry with sad eyes, it had almost been a week and he was still firmly unable to move. It had to be a blessing that he had never seemed to struggle to breathe. "What now?"