Chapter 8

Lexsaidh woke up late the next morning, feeling dizzy and disoriented, but mostly well rested. It was the best night's sleep she had ever had before, no confusing dreams of her life in another timeline, and no distressing dreams of the future.

"Morning." Lexsaidh groaned as she stretched and sat up, her hair a mess, and her room filled with her family.

"You barely caught the morning." Killian laughed, placing a plate of assorted lunch and breakfast foods in Lexsaidh's lap. "I take it you slept well."

"Best since I started seeing the future." Lexsaidh bit into her pain au chocolate, the dizziness fading fairly quickly.

"It's great that the potion works, but maybe you take a lower dose next time." Nico sat on Lexsaidh's bed next to her.

"I think it was mostly sleep deprivation this time, but we can discuss it later." Lexsaidh rested her head on Nico.

"I talked with your teachers and they're all willing to help you through stuff you don't understand on the weekend, but you do need to work through what you can before then." Killian sat back down on the chair beside Lydia.

"Come on, I just woke up, I don't need to know about how much work I have to do." Lexsaidh whined.

"We have a family discussion to have after last night." Nico seemed to be deliberately trying to avoid looking at Raelyn. "Like I said, Malfoy's long lost aunt's story sounds a lot like our family."

"What did he say?" Lexsaidh looked between the others, having already been asleep when Draco told them about the spell and likely caster or reason why.

Killian, Lydia, Raelyn, and Nico exchanged looks, clearly all uncomfortable with telling Lexsaidh about what Draco had described. She already knew about Nico's death, which, naturally, was fucking her up rather a lot due to the vision being only about a week before term started. Her visions were unlike those of most seers around these days, rather than going into a trance and forgetting what she said about the future, the prophecies being verbal or drawn, her visions were almost all things that would happen around her as she inhabited her future, or parallel timeline, self, feeling and seeing everything she did. Killian and Lexsaidh didn't have a typical sibling relationship, after all, they weren't and didn't think they were, though they were definitely familial rather than anything else. He helped to ground her in the time an universe she was actually in, so his death would affect her even more deeply than Nico.

"What did he say that described our family?" Lexsaidh's voice lowered, she was well aware of what the faces and silence meant, she just wanted to know who else she was going to lose.

"Draco has an illegitimate aunt who got back in contact with his father after the death of their partner and... Adopted son, the adopted niece and acting daughter being admitted to St Mungo's permanently afterwards." Raelyn, Lexsaidh's actual aunt, was the one who told her, though she clearly struggled with it.

Lexsaidh stopped eating, looking down at her plate intensely. Her hands and arms feeling cold, like ice water had replaced her blood. It was too horrifying to imagine that she would lose another 2 of her family members, especially her anchor Killian. She had never had a single vision where Killian was nowhere to be found, though there were a few where he was writing to her in letters rather than there in person.

It was bad enough with her parents being in St Mungo's, their lucid moments fading fast and most of them while she's at Hogwarts, Dumbledore refusing point blank to let her go see them immediately, making her miss those moments. It was worse seeing Nico's death in front of her, and now it's Killian.

"They're already planning to save Harry, I'm sure we can work out a way to save Nico and Killian too. A reasonable number know Nico, and if we help them save one life then it's only right for them to help us save lives too." Lydia broke the heavy silence.

"I'm Lucius' illegitimate half sister. I was never put on the family tree and wasn't allowed to Hogwarts, Lexsaidh's grandparents adopted me after I stopped travelling with Natasha. The Malfoys never wanted me, but the Woods did. I'm sorry I didn't tell you all earlier." Raelyn looked down at her hands.

"No need to apologise, I had already figured it out." Lydia nudged Raelyn gently.

"Exactly, and you're still my zia, so what if you used to be a part of the Malfoy family? You chose to be a part of my family." Lexsaidh kept biting her lips, trying her hardest to sound as cheery as possible.

"If you feel like you want to then you should try getting back in contact with Lucius or Draco. If you don't want to then you don't have to." Nico was going to contact Narcissa either way, but if Raelyn wasn't comfortable being in contact with her half brother then it wouldn't be too hard to keep her away from the rekindling of the relationship.

"It sounds like in that timeline he was willing to help me out and let me use an expensive, rare spell. If that's the case then he's not like our father, as I don't think I would publicly announce we're related for a spell I didn't know about until it was mentioned last night." Raelyn didn't say if she wanted to reconnect or not, though it sounded like maybe she was trying to convince herself.

"You don't have to decide anything now, just let us know if you do." Lydia took her hand, squeezing it with a small smile, that Raelyn also returned. "Lexsaidh, have you had any thoughts about which school you want to go to?"

"I was thinking Beauxbatons, but now I'm not sure if I want to move school." Lexsaidh didn't meet anyone's eyes.

"Why not? Do you want to stay in a school run by Dumbledore? Stay with Snape?" Killian's voice was filled with scorn as he mentioned Dumbledore and Snape, they had both been raised with the stories of the horrible actions of the two men, Lexsaidh had only decided to go to Hogwarts because she was promised she would be able to leave to see her parents whenever they were lucid, a promise that turned out to be a lie.

"Of course not, but surely the us from the timeline when everything went wrong I would have moved schools. If I stay here then I have at least a little more of a chance to reveal the skeletons hiding in Dumbledore's closet, and I can be able to provide more help to them. Besides, the only person who can make a potion that blocks my visions without poisoning myself lives here." Lexsaidh's reasoning was good, though she would be lying if she didn't have a burning desire to leave the castle with Dumbledore at its head.

"It's your decision in the end, but we will always be ready to get you out of here." Nico said, pulling Lexsaidh so her head was resting on their shoulder.

-----

Fleur Delacour had awakened shortly before the 1st of September with a splitting headache. The last thing she remembered was having Gabrielle come to her at night, as she had done on and off after the news of Harry Potter's death. Sure, they hadn't been close, but he had made a huge impact on their lives.

She definitely remembered the death of Cedric Diggory and later Harry Potter, but that was when she was 17 during or after the Triwizard Tournament, but now she was 13, Gabrielle was not even ready to go to Beauxbatons yet. If she were the only person who remembered then she would have doubted if it were ever a real event, but when she went to the living room she saw Gabrielle looking confused and upset.

It only took a few words to find out they both remembered Harry's death, but their parents didn't.

One thing in common between the two of them was that they had both been involved in the Triwizard tournament, so Fleur decided to test her Triwizard theory by writing to the two other champions other than Harry if they remembered Harry's death.

Krum responded with a short, messy letter confirming he did, Cedric's letter was much longer, full of questions. He didn't remember Harry's death, though he did remember his own, and the conversation he had with Harry after that. His questions were almost all about when, where, and how Harry had died. Unfortunately they didn't have enough of the answers to his questions.

The four of them had no reason to get together before the Triwizard tournament, but they agreed to keep in contact via letters.